Yes this is another post from way back when.
2 years ago I went through an "i need to pick up a part time job to get out of the house & contribute to our livelihood" phase. I thought it would be great to find a job working with inspiring, creative individuals & so upon falling into one at one of the best stores in the world I learned some sad lessons & quickly gave my resignation. Prepare yourselves, I vented these to paper on my breaks & try to remember I was not enjoying this job & a little bitter at the customers. It is a little harsh & tends to focus on the prices...
-No matter how cool the store is, retail is retail.
-Even if it costs a ton, there are still piles of it stacked up in the stock room being covered in dust
-People can really suck.
-Even the most creative minds can be stifled by mundane tasks.
-Creative people don't tend to actually shop there... people that can afford to buy things to appear creative do
-Expensive clothes still shrink & fit wrong
-Dropping tons of money on clothes is not a big deal for some
-Pricey shoes can really hurt
-Just because it costs a lot, doesn't mean it looks good
-I still can't afford some clothes even with a steep discount & a good sale
-The money goes as fast as you make it
-Art can be created out of anything

1 comment:
Definitely a learning experience and you learned some things that many people never learn their entire lives!! Bravo NaeNae!!
Post a Comment