Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ay PaPi Denae


So I wrote this several months ago, but never got around to finishing it. Now I finish it.

"What's a girl to do when the 2 things she really loves most don't mesh with one another?
I love/thrive designing my house & making/creating cool things for it, etc, etc, but I also LOVE to move & go to new places. The one doesn't work well with the other. Moving means less stuff & no attachments to living quarters, but I love to make my space all us & I do get attached."

Yes, several months ago Denae, you do acquire a lot of junk & apparently you don't get attached to just living quarters but also the surrounding people can be pretty heart wrenching too.
Enter current life. The Katzoffs are moving to Orange County, California. Yes, the OC. I should be ridiculously excited for a new adventure because I do love to move, but WHAT. HAS. HAPPENED. TO. ME??? This question seems to be coming to mind at least once an hour. I want to move. I want to experience life all over, but now that we've slowed down for 5 years, I'm a baby. When did these roots get attached?? Maybe it's because I never thought of experiencing So. Cal & it wasn't quite the adventure I imagined. I love my house that I've brought 2 babies home to, I love my yard where they've grown up playing, I love my easy life with babysitting a moments notice away, but more than anything I love my friends & family here. They make this much more difficult than I expected. I have been spoiled for sure.
So to me in the 3rd person, go ahead & let this out & be sad Denae, but let's start moving forward & focus on being the old excited & optimistic Denae because this will be good! (right??)

8 comments:

kelly said...

wow, so why the OC? more explanation needed!
miss your posting!

heidi said...

what part of OC? not weird to be sad...but now at least we'll be driving distance away :)

Joan said...

The good news is: YOU ARE CLOSER TO THE KOPLINS!!! :) Hooray for that!
Change is hard--especially when your babies are involved (not that they care particularly b/c they are still so young) but I find that as a mother I grow more attached to places that are associated with memories of my children.
Chin up, Charlie...change is good :)
SO much easier said than done, though I know.

Aim said...

You know you could always move to Utah to be with your bestie!!! :) You guys are the EXAMPLE of the word M.O.V.E. Seriously. Its me who would be scared snotless cux I am a wuss, but of course you have every right to be scared out of your mind. On the other hand, I can't WAIT to visit.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I can completely relate...and you deserve to sit down and have a good cry about it...maybe two good cries. And then, get excited and enjoy the moment and live for what could be the most amazing and challenging part of your life...and make sure to have a spare bedroom...because EVERYONE comes to So Cal....

We LOVE YOU...and Joan is totally right!

ashley said...

denae- i was thinking about you the other day and what you decided to do- i think you guys are going to have a grand time. the oc- hate that term- is not that bad of a place! where are you moving to?
i know you have a lot that you are going to miss from home but i think your going to like life in california once you get settled in! promise.
k, hope your doing good and everything moves along smoothly! love ya- and call me if you need any how to survive the oc!

emilymhjohnson said...

Yeah, yeah. Change is good. Blah blah blah. Meanwhile what am I supposed to do, huh? Who's going to let me come over and do nothing three days a week? Who's going to invite me to karaoke bars and thrift stores? Who's going to listen to me gossip and not be shocked when I use naughty words? Oh yeah, and WHO'S GOING TO HIRE MY BAND??? The only sense I can make out of this madness is that there must be someone in California who needs you more than I do (but it must be pretty bad if they're worse off than me). To that person I say: You are very lucky and I hope you appreciate the fact that you have won the friend lottery. Because I know EXACTLY how awesome that is.

I'm really gonna miss you! :(

Leslie said...

So obviously I haven't talked to my mom recently or CHECKED your blog. WHAT the ... what?? You guys are moving!!! I am shocked! How the heck am I ever going to see you guys again!! Okay, enter in non-selfish Leslie--> Wow, you are moving! That will be quite an adventure. Why are you moving to Cali? WHEN? I know it will be hard to pick up and leave everything but if any little family can do it-- it's yours. Just tell yourself when you get too crazy thinking about it-- you can do hard things!! CRazy... you're moving... !