Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beware... I am being Passive Aggressive

Dear Crappy Friends,
I am done with you. No need to do anything different on your side. With my new lack of effort it should be a nice clean fizzle for us.
But first I must ask, why is it that I attract you? It baffles me. I [we] am a good friend. Really. You know I do whatever it takes to make sure you know how important you are & how much I love you. Because I do love you.
And how come I can't just let you go when I realize it's not a fair relationship? Why would I want to be friends with you when you're substandard?
So starting anew then, where is it that I need to go to find fantastic friends?? Where is it that it's more of a priority? Not even fantastic, just decent really would be sufficient.
*denae
p.s. having kids is not a valid excuse.

7 comments:

The Wehrmeister's said...

Dear Denae,

If you are taking applications for replacements I would like to apply. There are some rules though:

-you have to deal with pee in your pants laughter

-you can't get offended by my remarks

-you have to call me occasionally just to see how I'm doing, oh and you have to actually care how I'm doing.

-you have to be up for spontaneous trips to Target, just cause sometimes it's more fun to go shopping in pairs.

-TPing is ALWAYS an option.

If you can handle MY requirements then I think we could make a good team.

Love you,
Jenn

kelly said...

i have been at that point in my life and finally just decided i only need the friends who care enough to be friends, i don't need a billion anyway!

kelly said...

i have been at that point in my life and finally just decided i only need the friends who care enough to be friends, i don't need a billion anyway!

mich said...

i seriously could have written this post...is it really so difficult to actually do what you say you are going to do or at least send a text saying something came up...geez. i am done too. i dont need those people - they are the ones missing out anyways bc i am totally fun!! wish you lived closer - we could hang out!

EMily said...

Why is it that it is so hard to find good friends these days! I want to go back to the old days!! Let's all move back to Hawaii and just enjoy eachother's company! Unless I'm one of those people that is getting cut off from you:( Hope that's not the case, Love ya Denae:)

Brown Katie said...

I called you back!!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Denae....I agree. And you are more than welcome to come crash at my house ANY TIME and I will provide meals, fun, and games....and definitely concrete!