Monday, March 22, 2010

How is the sky blue?

My little chunk, chunk Taj has somehow gotten a little confused in the cabesa lately. He thinks that how=why. Confused? Me too. Whenever he has a question that is supposed to be a "why" question it is now a "how" question. (try this for a day please, so you can get a little more empathy for our situation) And being that he's at the stage where "why" questions are the main source of his vocabulary, this is turning very perplexing & frustrating for Ben & I. Have you ever tried to answer why questions with how??? 90% of the time it is impossible!!!"How are we going to their house mommy?" "we are driving there." "how are we driving there?" "we are in the car & my foot is on the pedal." "how are we in the car?" "I put us there" "how'd you put us there?" & it goes on & on & on & on.
And we are faced with the question... do we encourage him in thinking how is why & answer his questions as so or do we answer them as how questions & confuse him more since really he doesn't comprehend how yet??? Currently this is the bane of my existance. I don't want to scar the kid for life so he's baffled when he's giving his valedictorian speech & says "ladies & gentleman, the world needs us! How don't we be the change in the world we need!" & doesn't get the eruption into applause expected, but instead they walk away thinking he's a freak... which really he is because we made him it. Who knew being a parent could come with such power!
Right after Taj decided he should force her to go by herself
Our Paris Hilton is obsessed with himself. No picture can be taken without it being followed by a perfectly orchestrated one of him.

6 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Love these pictures! Hey...so my facebook is acting up and I am desperate to email you about our Lou trip...we are flying to Chicago on Wednesday....lol...will you email me??? I don't know how else to contact you....hehehe here is my email address..chameleonskies@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

oh man, those pictures are awesome. Clearly Lotus knows something is up and is wondering why you're not stopping it. I love how relaxed he looks in the second one, as she's flying down. Just sitting there, like nothing just happened.

Sorry for the confusion with how and why. It's pretty hilarious though. And don't worry, by the time he graduates, everyone else will have learned to interpret what he means, just like you.It might be tough getting into college though. Think of those essays! "how do I want to study law?..."

kelly said...

i think i would correct him. just say "why is the sky blue?" and then explain. if he insist then let it go, he will get it! but the questions all day long is exhausting!

Unknown said...

really cute pictures!!

Emily said...

Joe isn't asking how or why but the talking is CONSTANT and always starts with, "mom, mom, mom, mom"
Oh man, some days I just need silence! But I know that he'll be silent soon enough so I'm TRYING to enjoy this talkative little stage. I'm trying. Its the best I can do!
Happy Sanity!

Lindsay Bowen said...

Oh they are so adorable! And just as cute as I would expect. Your basement looks amazing. I for one, appreciate the work that went in to that space! Love you guys.