Monday, February 8, 2010

I've Learned from Watching a Mom of 2 Year old Triplets & an 8 month old...

Whenever we spend time with our super dope friends Aaron & Joy, we come home feeling like we've just been to a motivational parenting conference. We could just sit & watch & learn for days (yup, that's right, I've seen all of these in you guys). DAYS I tell you! I figure mommas could all use a little Larkin, so without further adieu...

1. You always have enough patience
2. Your kids should always be first in all you do & the rest comes easily.
3. Choose your battles & stay strong
4. Not everything needs to be disciplined-- let them be a kid, but don't be weak about it
5. It's okay if they cry & are mean for a bit
6. Diaper changing isn't that big of a deal-- neither is going places, putting kids to bed, getting them bathed, dressed, etc.
7. Natural instincts help to always know where your kids are.
8. Don't feel guilty about letting people help
9. It's not that hard to sterilize things
10. You can always be a hot mom
11. Keep your composure & you'll at least look like you've got it under control
12. Date nights
13. Just put them all in the shower
14. Kidco Peapods are much easier than playpens
15. Clothes stay brighter longer if you don't put them in the dryer
16. You gotta have a life outside being a mom/wife
17. It can always be harder
18. You aren't perfect- laugh at it
19. Sometimes the dog has to go
20. Assembly line
21. Stay strong with what's important to you

8 comments:

kelly said...

WOW! my friend kelly had a 10 mo. old when she had her triplets it is not an easy job!! Heavenly Father must know who can handle it!

Joy said...

You.Are.Hilarious. As I told you in my text...#1 is completely inaccurate...I run out of patience frequently. And, #s 14, 15 & 19 are my favorite...haha!

P.S. How adorable is the picture of Taj in the cowboy hat on the side of your page. Love him. And, the girls REALLY miss him (and "Lobus").

Love you guys! Wish we lived closer...sigh.

Kerstin said...

What a sweet post. Miss the good ole days of the Katzoffs and Larkins.

Kelli Radmall said...

Holy Moly! Seriously-I agree, Heavenly Father must know who could handle that! Sounds like you have one patient friend. Good advice for sure!

Emily said...

Is it even fair that one person has it that together? I'm totally impressed. I aspire to that level of togetherness.

question-what on earth do you do with the clothes if you dont put them in the dryer? Clothesline?

p.s. the Kidco Peapod thing is so cool. Handy dandy!

ashley said...

taking notes...

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I LOVE that we gain so much from watching other wonderful women and their families! How blessed we all are with special talents and skills...

Joan said...

W.h.o.a.
She is super mom. I cannot even fathom triplets and a baby. That is impressive.
That picture of her with her three babes makes me ache for another myself...and then I think how phenomenally cool it would be to have three at the same time. Unfathomably challenging but magical too...to have the blessing of three all at once.