Friday, August 14, 2009

To 29 Years of White Trash

Ben loves demolition derbies (cars just drive around & crash into each other), so for his birthday we cruised 4 hours away to the middle of nowhere Missouri & camped for a couple of days near the lake & the county fair. Awesome!  Small town entertainment complete with blue ribbon farm animals, a dressed monkey, funnel cakes, sketchy carnival rides & no teeth. Our apologies to our sweet friends that didn't quite appreciate it as much as us, but came anyways. Thanks for coming! 
And happy birthday you sexy man!


7 comments:

Pledger said...

You guys are so funny! Looks like fun! LOL!

Unknown said...

whatever! we loved it and want more of it! love the pic of the boys on the bike. how did I not get one of those?

angerine said...

Happy Birthday Ben!
We're going to a crash-up derby/county fair tonight. (unfortunately we don't have to drive 4 hours to get to a small, hick town; we live in one). We'll miss you and think of Ben as we cheer for the famous Chevy Astro minivan to crush a 1978 station wagon.
by the way, LOVE that top picture! I need to learn to use the stitch feature on my camera, that is so cool!

Anonymous said...

I love demolition derbies! They are the best! Lots of mud, motors, and crashing!

Ben said...

Well, Thank You.

And YEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAA

Anonymous said...

I went to my first demo derby a few years ago-- it was everything I hoped it would be. Happy birthday times!!

Emily said...

What a fun trip! You're an awesome wife Danae.