Sadly our newest family member
didn't keep her end of the bargain. Not only did Henrietta not give us the eggs we were invested for, but she was an escape artist as well. As much as we enjoyed chasing her through our poison ivy, tick infested woods trying to corral her for hours on end, we had to admit she wasn't achieving her purpose for us as a provider of breakfast. In the end she found a new home that was happy to have an older non egg laying hen. Thanks for the brief, amusing experience pretty little chicken. Cheers.
4 comments:
didn't know you had a chicken, i would love the eggs but just don't like chickens except the teeny little yellow ones. you know here you can just go out to the country and pick one up if you want one! happy she found a new home, are you getting a new egg laying chicken?!
Hey Denae. I am back in St Louis. I will be here until the 22nd. We should try to get together if possible. I would love to see you.
I love that you had a chicken! I've thought before it would be fun/useful to have a chicken, but it sounds like it may be more work than I imagine.
OMGosh! Henrietta!!! haha. SUCH a great name.
So, a warning from one mother to another about bathtub sleeping...
When Jimmie was just barely a year we put him in the tub one night to sleep (we were at a friend's apartment) and woke up the next morning to find that he had turned on the water in the middle of the night and thankfully turned it off again but had slept in water!!! The comforter soaked up most of it but he was drenched and freezing! Needless to say it FREAKED me out! I cried and cried thinking about him drowning and us sleeping in the room right next to him.
Just make sure that if/when you do sleep Taj or Lotus in the tub that they are old enough to know better (or young enough to not stand up and be able to turn the water on).
Post a Comment