Monday, June 1, 2009

Love

I am not a cheesy, romance person.  I hate sappy chick flicks & romancy books & little pet names & jewelry & all cheesy smoochy, smoochy, blah blah, vomit, vomit stuff.  I'm a believer that if you love someone you don't need to be constantly publishing it to the world... they will see it in the subtle things, right? Thank goodness my husband understands this & we remain plenty in love.
That said, I saw one of the most romantic things I have ever witnessed this weekend. I always am touched by people choosing to bond themselves forever by adding a child to their relationship. It really is so sweet to me.  Our good friends, Emily & Matt, had their 1st baby on Friday night.  Though they were plenty excited, as they are very logical, pragmatic people, they have been a little anxious about their decision for the last 9 months.  I truly feel so lucky I was able to share their special moments with them at the hospital this weekend though.  I have never seen anything so sweet & gentle.  It was more love than imagined. Love for each other & love for the new tender human they brought into this world.   I am not sure I really can even put it into words.  They were just so peaceful & so happy & unified in a very sweet way.  You could tell they were in a place that brought them closer than expected & they were calmly soaking it in.  I don't know if I have ever witnessed something like it before in my life.  Just an extremely happy, full, peaceful love that showed in their eyes, words, touch, actions. They were in this together & ready to give their family all the love they could.

What is the most tender thing you've seen?
Milo Samuel Johnson

7 comments:

Samantha said...

I am so happy for Emily and Matt!! Glad their little guy is finally here, and think the name is so fitting! Can't wait to see him for myself!

kelly said...

that is so sweet, tell emily the bishop's say congratulations, he is a doll! a baby does really solidify your love, such a joining of the 2 of you!

Leslie said...

Oh yeah!!! She had her baby!! I think Milo is such a cool name, I love it. I hope everything went well for her. I know she'll be a great momma.

angerine said...

Well I thought that Christian the Lion video on YouTube was pretty tender but that doesn't even come close to a new baby born to a fab couple like the Johnsons. Beautiful. Congrats to Emily & Matt, I'm thrilled for them.

Aim said...

What an awesome name, congrats to Emily and Matt! I think the world of Emily and have always thought she is such a cool person and I know she will be a great mom. Probably the most tender thing I have ever seen is when Thomas and I were in the NICU with Christian and we just cried together when we had to leave the hospital and bring him home,(it makes me teary even now) I just remember how tender Thomas held him and we prayed and cried together. I also loved the day when the two of you got married-that day was seriously magical and I was so grateful I was able to be a part of it. Welcome to Mommyhood Emily!

emilymhjohnson said...

Denae, thank you for this post. I am really happy that you were part of our big day - you get some of the credit for us making it there at all! What would I have done without you? And thanks for reminding me what an amazing experience this was for me and Matt - it's easy to just focus on the baby and I'm already getting caught up in the world of diapers and sleep schedules and ounces of milk. I guess it just means that now I'm in love with 2 boys! Life is so good. Thanks again. xoxo

Sie said...

Dear Denae-- thank you for posting about Emily's baby! Sometimes I feel cut off out here in Seattle, I need to come for a visit. But how great that she had her baby! Love is an amazing force--