Sunday, May 17, 2009

What's your vice?

Let's hear it!
Apparently one of mine is throwing a plastic bag full of my dog's poop in the sewer when we are going for walks. My friends started hyperventilating when they saw me do it. Okay, so I know it's horrible for the environment, but can it really be worse than poor me & my children having to walk for 2 miles down wind of crap??? Go ahead & let me have it. Help me understand how awful it really is for the ecosystem.

p.s. And don't forget to share yours please.

p.s.s. Gosh I'm an
idiot! I posted something for free on craigslist & accidentally posted a picture of my kids instead of the item. 100 emails later & realize that my address & children were posted on the internet for all craiglist freeloaders to find. My doors are locked.

Lotus is eating (and LOVING) solids
A Day of Shirtless Fence BuildingOne Cheesy Boy

15 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Okay, completely had a laugh at the craigslist thing. You posted a picture of your kids....listed "free"! Are you kidding?!?!? That is the most hysterical thing I have heard! Thanks for the good laugh. Glad your kids are so incredibly adorable, and that you haven't given them away!

Samantha said...

Sure you posted a pic of your kids on CL by ACCIDENT. Like I believe that.

One of my many vices is being a sugaraholic. I think I just ate 9 of those caramels with the white middles. I love those darn things. Good thing I have a high metabolism, but I am sure I will have issues when I get older.

emilymhjohnson said...

Accidently posting your kids on Craigslist for free is what I believe is referred to as "A Freudian Slip." Definitely keep your doors locked.

I'm not willing to admit to my vice here - let's just say it's caffinated and brown. As for you, I admit, when I see you throw the poop bag down the sewer it seems a little out of character - I mean you are a recycling nut! Your car runs on vegetable oil! However, I do not have an alternate suggestion for you. Maybe paper bags down the sewer? Don't worry. You are a good person. It all evens out!

ashley said...

ok, luke would kill me if i did that on craigslist. he is so so paraniod about that sort of stuff, its annoying!

and mi vice- the frozen cookie dough that is in my freezer. somehow half of it has dissapeared in the last week and i have no idea where it went. oh wait, i just found it on my hips.

Lauren F. said...

It's bad because the sewer system is not the trash system. It goes into our waterways. . .but I'm sure you have heard enough explanations by now.

My vice is my guilty TV pleasures. . . Gossip Girl and 90210. I just can't stop watching. . .

Cassidy said...

You better not let Anna here about your poop disposal.....then your really gonna get it!!!!

heidi said...

i'm sure a trash can would be better, but hey--at least you pick up your dog's crap. vices...hmmm--i loved whipped cream on things or just by the spoonful. delicious!

kelly said...

denae, denae, denae! do i need to send you videos of poor animals with plastic bags on their heads and poop in your water system, NO, NO, NO! stick it in someones garbage can that is out on the street! as far as the kids thing i don't know if would worry as much about the freaks as i would CPS:) definitely keep your doors locked and an eye on your kids, that one is a doozy!

Anonymous said...

HA! Wait, did you accidentally post your kids for sale? Good thing the police didn't come knocking.

As for your tossing poo in a plastic bag in the sewer...?! Didn't you see the Oprah Earth Day special, where she talked about the Texas-size dump in the middle of the ocean? Apparently a lot of that garbage comes from our sewers.

Anyway, my vice- really bad TV and too much wine. Example-- the Bachelorette starts tonight. It's going to be an 8 person party with food, wine and lots of laughs. I should never admit to watching that show.

kelly said...

as i was thinking about this i thought it was funny, why are you picking up the poop to throw it in the sewer, why not just leave the poop if you don't want to carry it, you are being a good citizen one way and a bad one the other! you are funny:)

Unknown said...

I have been with you when you did this poop thing---it's a lose/lose---I say put a diaper on the dog---make life easy!

As for your 100 comments---I have to know what people said about your "free kids"---what were some of the reactions---that is hilarious!

Michelle said...

the exact same thing just happened to me on craigslist...we are trying to rent our house so i posted a link to a photobucket.com album for pictures....except i posted the wrong freakin link and had posted the link of an entire album of dash-man....i didn't even realize it unitl someone e-mailed me and told me. I hope no crazy baby stealer was looking for a house to rent today.

as for the dog poop --- sometimes if it isn't trashday and there are trashcans out --- i will just pretend to pick up the poop...i know its horrible but i dont want to carry poop around for miles.

anna said...

Wow, I am not sure what Freud would say about Craigslist, but it sure had me rolling.
Your car runs on veggie oil, you have some room to fudge, in regards to the poop thing/sewer/plastic bag/pollution
My vice? I HATE carpooling. I know it's wrong to say, but I like my radio, my schedule, my alone time. I try to do it once a week, but I would love to skip it all together.

Kelli Radmall said...

Ha ha-you are so funny.Good advice about pretending to pick it up...
Sometimes I let Felicity eat lotion. I don't know why I just thought of that, but she loves lotion-thinks it's food. Sometimes she is crying for it and brings it to me and even though I know she is going to lick it off-I put a little bit on her hand. Kurt has caught me and thinks I'm crazy. I am. It's not even scented or anything-she's crazier than I am!

Samantha said...

I thought of another one. I love to be tan. Although I have never gone to a tanning bed, I love to sit outside and get tan, even though I know it is bad for me. Although I do put on sunscreen and sit outside these days.