Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The Refugees
To say that Dawn & Alan are blessed is quite the understatement. Not only were they smart & evacuated Galveston before Hurricane Ike hit, but it appears from the pictures we've found online their house has been spared also. Being that they are still not allowing residents permanently back onto the island, Dawn & Alan will be staying with us indefinitely. Most likely the 1st floor of their house will have experienced some sort of flooding & there will be some amounts of damage from winds & etc, but everyone is safe & healthy & happy & we are more than ecstatic to have them as long as we can. Poor little Taj's heart will break when Nana & Gigi aren't here anymore. But here's the kicker, by a miracle their house was spared from fires. As you can see in the picture below a row of houses on BOTH sides of them were burnt to the ground. When they heard that houses were burnt on their street (it's a short street) they began worrying, but this picture has added some needed relief & also sadness for their friends/neighbors who did lose their homes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow!! I hope when they are able to return home they will continue to be lucky/blessed! Our family has been praying for them and will continue to do so.
I haven't called you guys because I didn't want to interrupt any family time. Mackenzie misses Taj.
I am so happy to hear that everything is ok. Wow, its incredible what can happen. Its a good thing that Dawn and Alan have great kids like you guys to help them during this time.
Holy Crap!! I am so glad they are there with you, you will take good care of them. I bet Tajjy is having a ball.
i am so glad they evacuated, i understand people's apprehension to leave their stuff but it is stuff and then the rescuers have to risk their lives to save them, just heed the warnings! i am glad they are safe, tell dawn i said hi and good luck with their home.
Post a Comment