Thursday, September 11, 2008

Endless Summer

I do believe our summer has come to a close as our traveling has concluded, all the pools are officially closed & the weather isn't warming up enough for one anyway. We had a great end to it though.
I took my 1st & probably last for a long, long time trip ALONE! I got to go to Palm Beach, Florida last weekend to visit my favorite Cassidy! It was perfect, perfect, perfect. Just what I needed. A little break, fun & relaxation. I am all revived just in time for 3rd trimester to kick in & make me exhausted.



Sadly I missed Ben's mom & her husband Alan while I was gone though. Just bad timing. They flew in for the weekend to visit since Ben's aunt Carol & uncle Kent from New Zealand were also visiting us during their world travels! Luckily Kent & Carol were still around for 2 days when I came home though.



But it doesn't end there! Great horrible news! Dawn & Alan are coming back tonight since they have been evacuated from hurricane Ike! We're sad for them & really hoping they find every thing okay on their return, but we're so excited to have them back.
So THERE'S my excuse for not blogging as much. It's time for a little slow down now.

Do those stupid exploding cans with the rolled bread in them scare the crap out of anyone else too!!!?

10 comments:

Ashly said...

oooh- you lucky, lucky girl...a solo-trip sounds like so much fun! and your swimsuit is adorable- (maternity suit?...very cute)

heidi said...

yay for you. its fun to be alone for a little bit--eh? have fun with gma around.

ashley said...

did you get a tattoo? i totally would have!

Aim said...

I love the suit too. And those cans scare the crap out of me, thats why I don't buy them. How are you feeling? Been thinking about ya!

Lauren F. said...

I hate those exploding cans! I do them "wrong" quite frequently because they never explode when they are supposed to and then I have to try to pry it open with a knife. Is there a purpose to that design?!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! they *do* scare me, but considering how much I love the buttery goodness of what comes out of them, I still buy them. I'm pretty sure that I hold them far away and make a stupid I'm-scared-of-this-can face.

Aim said...

Oh, and say hi to Dawn and Alan for me. I'll never forget how kind they were to me when I was in Hawaii for Thanksgiving.

Angie Hoggard said...

Sounds like an awesome trip. And you got to go alone, you lucky girl... How are you? How you feeling?

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

LOoks like some fun for you! I should get away while I still can....maybe a weekend with a girl friend ALONE. Good idea. I'm looking into it right now! :)

p.s. how are you feeling???

Chris said...

HEY - Back atcha! I think your pretty great too! Thanks for the smile you put on my face -- It was much needed and appreciated!!!