One good thing about trips is it makes you realize what you do & don't love about where you live. Like for instance, I HAVE to have green trees & grass, but I hate the humidity.
We finished up Utah with a little more family time with my Mama's side...
So apparently I'm fat... maybe. I'm so baffled because I'm pretty sure I'm a house. Anyway the hush hush whispers among extended family last week was, "Is she or isn't she pregnant?" WHAT!? I'm almost 6 mo. along & I thought pretty clearly I AM! Then once I was completely confused as to what I look like, we visit some family friends in Reno & they say, "Wow. Are you sure you aren't having twins?" I give up!
Grandma & Grandpa Stewart
A few cousins
The Road Again
I didn't see it coming since the entire drive there I couldn't stop thinking, "why do people live here?", but I am a huge fan of Reno. It was so pretty & the weather was amazing! And I fell in LOVE with this grass! It was so thick you couldn't even get your hands to the dirt.

The Grass
And on to California
Where Ben flew in for a couple of days!!! Hallelujah!
So I've gone to the San Francisco Bay Area almost every Summer of my life since my family is from there & we still have grandparents & lots of cousins & relatives there. I've always enjoyed it, but it's always just been "grandma & grandpa's house", you know? I haven't been there for a couple of years now though since I'm married & too poor to go on my own & visiting this time I saw it in a completely different light. I LOVE it! I'm really in love with San Francisco. Who would have thought?? It's a beautiful city with so much diversity & culture & I want to live there (if I could just talk them into making it cheaper)! So there was my eye opener on the trip.

Taj meeting my grandma & grandpa Silva

Taj & this goat were the best of friends! The goat wouldn't leave him alone.





Our friend's dad owns a mini golf & arcade, so we got to play for free!




And we got to meet our new little CHUNK of a nephew Russell! Thanks so much Becky!!!


We even got to see our good friends the Nobmanns from Hawaii!!! And yes, our new camera sucks!


Visiting Papa at the car show




Aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts & uncles of the Silva side
And the final 36 hours of Driving

What's the best thing about coming home?
And P.S. It is with great trepidation in my heart that I retract my previous statement concerning the current status of the United State's restrooms. Sadly I was mislead by 2 extraordinary candidates that were prime examples of what a commode could be in this day. Unless there is a Toilet Beautification Program that is so far only focused on delighting patrons heading West, I recommend resting your rump at hotels or friends & family residences.
So in the words of graffiti in between the tiles of a stall in a Nebraska rest stop, "Have a Grout Day!"
I didn't see it coming since the entire drive there I couldn't stop thinking, "why do people live here?", but I am a huge fan of Reno. It was so pretty & the weather was amazing! And I fell in LOVE with this grass! It was so thick you couldn't even get your hands to the dirt.
The Grass
And on to California
Where Ben flew in for a couple of days!!! Hallelujah!
So I've gone to the San Francisco Bay Area almost every Summer of my life since my family is from there & we still have grandparents & lots of cousins & relatives there. I've always enjoyed it, but it's always just been "grandma & grandpa's house", you know? I haven't been there for a couple of years now though since I'm married & too poor to go on my own & visiting this time I saw it in a completely different light. I LOVE it! I'm really in love with San Francisco. Who would have thought?? It's a beautiful city with so much diversity & culture & I want to live there (if I could just talk them into making it cheaper)! So there was my eye opener on the trip.
Taj meeting my grandma & grandpa Silva
Taj & this goat were the best of friends! The goat wouldn't leave him alone.
Our friend's dad owns a mini golf & arcade, so we got to play for free!
And we got to meet our new little CHUNK of a nephew Russell! Thanks so much Becky!!!
We even got to see our good friends the Nobmanns from Hawaii!!! And yes, our new camera sucks!
Visiting Papa at the car show
Aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts & uncles of the Silva side
And the final 36 hours of Driving
What's the best thing about coming home?
And P.S. It is with great trepidation in my heart that I retract my previous statement concerning the current status of the United State's restrooms. Sadly I was mislead by 2 extraordinary candidates that were prime examples of what a commode could be in this day. Unless there is a Toilet Beautification Program that is so far only focused on delighting patrons heading West, I recommend resting your rump at hotels or friends & family residences.
So in the words of graffiti in between the tiles of a stall in a Nebraska rest stop, "Have a Grout Day!"
6 comments:
People must be dumb and need new prescriptions on their glasses. You are not fat. Just pregnant. And you don't look like you are having twins. I mean, you are barely 5 feet tall, even with clunky shoes.
Mackenzie missed Taj. She would say "Taj bye bye" cause she knew he was gone.
yaaaay! you're back. Even though I haven't seen you in forever, I know that you're not fat, so don't let peoples craziness get to you.
I hope you guys took the goat friend home for Taj. I bet that guy would make a great friend for him. And think of all the fun he can have riding it around.
Best part about coming home-- DeJour and my own comforter on my bed.
Don't you hate those twinner comments?! The best part about coming home.. the first night sleeping in your OWN bed and being unpacked. I... have yet to experience this as my summer STILL isn't over. Hopefully I'll catch you at church tomorrow!
PHEW! SO glad you are back to the comfort of your very own home: your own bed, your own kitchen, and best of all your own clean toilet :)
Love all the pictures... and the music that I haven't ever heard before....makes me want to update my music. Your dad looks incredible...and so do you....I have various memories of you over the past 13 years....oh, wow! We've known each other for 13 years....you were just a baby when we met! ha ha.
Miss you, and your family....
Finally home! What a trip! Kudos for you girl for making it...and your parents! I really enjoyed all the pics - you got some good ones.
The best part about coming home is sleeping in your own bed. Oh and also having your animals come to greet you and love on you.
Post a Comment