Sunday, August 17, 2008

Take me home

Taj & I are road tripping (along for the ride really) with my family across the country for 2.5 weeks. Literally across the country. St.Louis to California & everywhere in between. Taj has been a super trooper in the car & just a great traveler. My niece Briauna has been amazing at entertaining him... too bad she flew home for the way back! I really couldn't ask for more with Taj... okay, maybe a little less energy out of the car.

It's been 5 days though & so far we're missing Ben. Gratefully he flies to CA to meet us on Thursday. So here's our tribute to him & reasons why we miss & love him...
  • He always loves to play with Taj & comes up with the best games
  • He can fix anything in the whole world from a cellphone to computers to cars to rewiring the house's electricity to finishing our basement on his own to ANYTHING.
  • He's super humble... even with his new sexy jeans
  • He's constantly trying new skills
  • Taj & I always comes first
  • He's a sexy beast
  • He is just who he is no matter what
  • He's very open minded & eager to listen & learn from others viewpoints
  • He's amazingly supportive
  • He's a great cook from scratch without recipes & is constantly trying to get better.
  • He doesn't need to be all macho, tough, competitive man to know he's manlier than most
  • He loves us more than anything & makes that clear
  • He is not afraid to try out everything & be proud of it, whether it be crocheting hats for friends' babies, knitting scarves or helping me sew.
  • He's more than willing to change poopy diapers when he's home & take care of the kiddo as much as possible.
  • He loves this tummy baby a lot already

Here are some pictures...
The Road with G-ma, Papa, Aaron & Bri



Paris, Idaho-
We stopped to visit some friends that live on a ranch there for a couple of days & Taj rode his 1st horse! Quite the feat considering he won't even get on a carousel or the quarter rides at the mall.








Salt Lake City, UT-
My cousin Sarah got married, so we decided to have all the family meet here & celebrate grandma's 80th birthday too. Too bad I misplaced the camera for the 1st couple of days, so we have no pictures of our time with Aimee, Thomas & Christian or Sarah's wedding.





What are some more cool things about studly Benjamin?

p.s. I am really impressed with the bathrooms across America. They are really stepping it up! From gas stations to Rest Stops (especially Rest Stops) they've been amazing this trip! Way to go guys!

16 comments:

Joan said...

Wow, you are one brave mama! Taking a trip in the car with your babe is one thing...but across the country is nothing short of a death wish (at least death of the nerves). I am so glad it has turned out to be enjoyable. The pictures are great.
I am sad that you two and a half (hehe) are away from Ben. It is SO hard to be away from "Daddy." Thursday will be here before you know it :)

kelly said...

what a great experience! tell your mom and dad hi for me and enjoy the ride.
we did it with the kids when they were little and they don't appreciate all the places we took them but i bet they want to do it with their kids someday.

Leslie said...

Okay, you were at Bear Lake? I WAS JUST AT BEAR LAKE! I can't believe you were that close to me, seriously! So I will be in STL Aug 26th to Sep 7th. I hope the rest of your trip goes well. It is always fun seeing the hubby/daddy after so long away from each other. I can't believe Taj rode a horse! Way to go!

Samantha said...

The pictures are making me jealous. Wish I could have come. You will understand soon enough once Taj is in school how you have to miss out on the fun stuff.

Miss you!

I admire Ben in so many ways. I think of him as a brother to me, and I know that he would be there for me and my family no matter what we needed.

Love you guys!

ashley said...

you are so brave to drive all that way with a 2 year old. there is no way in hell i would attempt that with velzy, none.

have a great rest of your trip! sounds and looks like a ton of fun!

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Sounds like you are having fun Denae, WOw! a real horse ride, way to go Taj! I admire Ben ,because he still remembers the poor commoners from his mission in Alaska. We love you Ben!By the way Ben, I am catching lot's of salmon and went halibut fishing today, my arms are SO sore from reeling in all those fish! Brian

heidi said...

are you in CALI? let me know and maybe we can see you!!
what isn't studly about ben?!?

Eli said...

He has breathtaking satellite tv ordering skills.

Ben said...

Well in response the amazing boost in self confidence I just received, Thank you very much and I've decided to come out a day early.
So I will see you soon...er

Poe said...

Miss you guys. Preston is totally going through Taj withdrawals. Glad that the bathrooms across the country are improving. Very important to a prego lady who has to visit them frequently. Looks like you guys are having fun. We think Ben is funny even when he takes things too far, creative in how he fixes and makes things, nice to everyone unless you are red headed or not green, and way layed back. We like him.

Anonymous said...

You know what made you so super in my mind- you making breakfast for me and Denae every Sunday after church. I'm glad you guys would at least get back into your peeps so I didn't feel quite so lazy. Plus, you're just really nice and easy to get along with, so there's that, too :)

Ben said...

FYI, Peeps = Pajama's

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Looks like an amazing trip....glad you are having fun! Loved the pictures.....

Unknown said...

For one who got to see you "mid-trip" in Utah---you are the woman---what you don't tell everyone is that as DARLING as Taj is--he DOESN'T stop---it was all I could do to get him to visit me for a spoonful of icing at the reception and he was off again! Such a cutie!
Ben is great! I mock his metro-sexuality, but we love his ability to be so self-assured. I was about to do the same on my blog and brag on my man with all the fun stuff he did with the girls while I was gone for three days!

Rachel said...

Ha ha, I love the picture of Taj with the diaper on his head. Priceless. That is great that he liked riding the horse. It sounds like you are having a good time. I enjoy road trips, but Jason doesn't, so we just fly everywhere:)

emilymhjohnson said...

I love Ben because Ben + Denae = love forever. Seriously, watching you guys do marriage helped me know I could too. And watching you both with Taj and belly baby is very inspiring. There's so many things we love about the way you live your lives. Denae just wouldn't be the same without Ben.

Plus, that one time Ben heroically fixed our sink in less than a minute. Thanks for setting a good example of manliness for my husband to aspire to. We'll think of you every time we use that cup.

SO GLAD Denae is home from the trip!