Thursday, June 5, 2008

Oh Mama Mia




Why I'm not excited to be pregnant (prepare yourself, there are selfish reasons)...

I'm not ready to have another baby yet!
I love my Taj & me time.
I'm scared to death to have to take care of 2
I love the flexibility I have with just one guy.
Where are we going to put the baby??? (No Ben, Taj is NOT moving into the basement)
We had a rough 1st couple of months with Taj & they still haunt me.
All the dumb comments about how uncomfortable I look pregnant.
I hate maternity clothes & love wearing my normal clothes
I love sleeping
I'm not a fan of never being able to sleep with pregnancy insomnia.
I hate getting up every 4 minutes to pee in the night
I hate sleeping on my back (I HAVE to sleep on my belly)
I'd rather not get up with a baby every couple of hours.
Pregnancy owns my body
I get HUGE
My back kills
I can't breathe
I swell up like a balloon
My bellybutton just disappears & afterwards I don't recognize my belly at all
I'm not a pretty pregnant person
I like my boobs being mine & not the size of watermelons please

You've got to understand... each & every day since I had Taj I've thought to myself how grateful I am that I am NOT pregnant.

Why I'm excited to be pregnant...

I get another Tajjy!
I love giving birth I love the hospital staff & their food! (It truly is 4 star)
I love my Dr (he's very handsome)
There's so much cute baby stuff out now
Ben's such a good pregnant husband
I get to not work until the day the baby's born this time I get to have the baby in December!

p.s. It appears we are not finding out the sex again. Apologies to those that this frustrates.


Should we really not find out the sex again!??

15 comments:

Lindsay Bowen said...

Ummmm...I am so excited! I just read your post and realized that you knew when you were here. You suck! JK, really that is awesome. For me, 2 was SO Much easier than one. We know the post partum sucky stuff, but it wasn't there with #2 and not at all with #3! We are so excited! I am going to tell Bowen right now. Love ya.
Oh, ya being pregnant is the worst! I'm not cute either.

Lant Family said...

I am selfish as well. I would call it good with just Lucy if it were up to me. No--probably not, she needs a friend to play with. But I hate that I am so selfish about it. I wouldn't find out the sex, if you guys can take it who cares about the other people. We are all fine, do whatever you guys want.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I like surprises...and I can relate to your feelings...positive and negatives.....At least you look pregnant when the time comes....people just think I've gained tummy weight but I don't really "look" pregnant....just fat. Congrats! Two is really easier than one....

Aim said...

Don't find out! Well, its up to you guys, but its fun being a surprise. Unfortunately, I probably will not ever have a surprise because Thomas can't handle it. Anyhoo-I am so excited for you. And you are definitely very entitled to be selfish during this time!

Anonymous said...

you are crazy! you look great pregnant!!

I vote don't find out-- there are very few surprises in life, let this be one of them! A surprise baby all around.

Our son Kade said...

I don't think, when the time comes, that Justin and I will find out the sex. At least not the first time, but for number 2? I don't know, I guess I'm not sure. :) Sorry to hear about the negative stuff bothering you, I hope that it all works out well for you. We're thinking of you guys! :)

Samantha said...

I think most of the reasons why you aren't excited to be pregnant are the same as why I didn't want to be pregnant with #2! So I know how you feel. Taj's room is big enough for 2, and you could put the baby in a bassinette for the first few months.

You do know that when you don't find out the sex that your cool SIL can't buy cute baby clothes before the baby comes. Remember that Ben!!!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I say you should find out. Try one each way.

And there are very few that look and feel great their whole pregnancy. Those people don't have any friends.

Molly Malia said...

well, the way i see it is that you find out the first and second, but when it comes to the third, it could go either way... especially if you have a boy and a girl already, you got all the stuff for either. but then again, i love the excitment of not knowing and being freakishly happy when it finally comes!

Chris said...

Oh man - I do not know how in the world you do this not finding out the sex thing! I am such a planner -- I have to have everything ready before that baby comes so I don't have to do anything after he's born? It has to be exciting though --- But I don't think I could Handle the anticipation... & Those are all perfectly normal feelings you are having --- Honestly 2 hasn't been bad -- 3 freaks me out --- I am having all those same feeliings about even wanting to try for #3 - Maybe we'll just stick with our 2 crazies for now... Don't worry - You'll be great!

Ashly said...

congrats, denae!! I can't believe you're having baby number 2....not in a bad way, but I'm sorry to say I *still* picture you as Mel's baby sister, (even though I KNOW you're a grown woman), and it just doesn't seem possible! regardless- I'm excited for you! (and when you're preggo, noone else's opinion matters. except mine.) ;)

betsy said...

Finding out is your guys' decision. You did it once you can do it again. Just don't expect anything from me until after the baby is born. I prefer gender-specific gifts...I am so excited for you. Hopefully you can look past the pregnancy negatives - its only a few really bad months at the end and then baby will be here. And maternity clothes? Screw em. I just wore regular clothes and I know you did too.

Anonymous said...

congratulations Denae, I can't wait!
I'll be there!!!!!!!
xx
Dawn

Leslie said...

Isn't pregnancy the best? (HA!) I know how you feel my friend. All these people who say you're glowing and look so healthy really meaning, "I can't believe how uncomfortable she looks!" I hope this one is better for you. Just focus on the positive you listed. I fear that is what I'll have to do to get through #2.

Chelsey said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! Did I miss how far along you are? I hope you aren't nauseated or puking!

And I COMPLETELY feel the same about all the reason why it's not exciting to be pregnant! Pregnancy is hell for me! What's wrong with getting a baby delivered by a stork, dang it! I'm so excited for our baby girl to come, but I'm NEVER GETTING PREGNANT AGAIN!

Can you tell I'm sick, tired and hormonal!?! :) But I won't forget, and I will never be pregnant again!

Good luck!!!