I must be a date person because I'm always remembering days that no one else blinks at. Tomorrow will be 5 years since my Grandma Millie left us, but I'm not going to be able to type then, so it's a day early Grandma.
I am so so grateful I was able to have her in my life for so long & I wish the whole world could have known her. She was so fun & so sweet & so funny. Such a kind, kind person with a giving soul. Truly there wasn't a bad bone in her body & she had such a pure heart. I wish I had inherited more of her beautiful qualities, besides her stubbornness & feistiness, so that this world could still have that person. We need her. She was always saying the cutest, silliest things & would laugh right along with everyone else when she realized what she'd said. Oh & she was hip. She knew all the lingo. She was the best grandma ever & when she died she definitely took a part of my heart, but I know she's still with me & takes care of my babies until it's my turn. I feel so honored to have had her as my grandma & hope someday I can be half of that woman.
Who's your grandma?
4 comments:
That is beautiful Denae. We just made 9 years without my Grandma Helen. Grandmas are the best. I hope to be a really hip and foul mouthed old woman.
I remembered! I miss her too. I wish she could have been around longer. Remember when she thought you and Ben were still dating instead of married? And how she was always so concerned about dumb old Candy. She would have loved Taj! You know she liked boys the best!
Nana passed away about 9 years ago and I miss her! She used to watch me when I was little, we colored and played. I swear I am just like her. She is a butter fanatic(she loved it, I love it), she also has curved pinkies which I inherited and then passed onto Christian. And she loved music. I miss her! What an amazing woman.
The elderly are a untapped fountain of knowledge. I wish people would appreciate and respect their wisdom and years. I'm so glad you enjoyed the life and example of your Grandma Millie. She sounds like a doll.
It was fun talking to you on the phone the other day. It was surreal to finally hear your voice. Call me whenever...Oh, sorry we got cut off. My phone freaked out and I couldn't get a hold of you again.
Post a Comment