Monday, March 17, 2008

Thoughts to my Baby Boy














Does he know how happy he makes me?
How every time he smiles I forget the world?
How I never want to leave him?
How I would give my life for him without hesitation?

Does he know how my heart is going to explode with love for him?
How I want to spend my life holding him?
How scared I am for his future?
How complete he’s made my life?

Does he know I had no idea I could love someone this much?
How I hate to have to lay him in his crib to sleep?
How perfect he is?
How sometimes I’m overwhelmed with emotion for him?

Does he know what he brought to this world?
How he’s the happiest person I’ve ever met?
How I couldn’t live if I lost him?
How it hurts too much to even think of it?

Does he know how he’s the world to us?
How we could never love him less?
How nothing in the world matters when I rock him?
How everyday I love him more even though I didn’t think it was possible?

Does he know how scared I am to love him so much?
How much he means to me?
How I get choked up when I look in those big brown eyes?
How I can’t believe he came from me?

Does he know how I wish I could be like him?
How much joy he’s brought to peoples’ lives?
How no words can really express my love?
How I hope I’ll be the best parent possible?

Does he really have any idea how much he can make a person love?
How I always want to keep him safe?
How easy it is to forgive him?
How every day he brings new joy?

11 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Denae I love those pictures, how CUTE! I especially like the one of the two of you on the beach and him in sunglasses. What a cutey! The I love Dad one is cute too. Brian

Our son Kade said...

What great pictures! I love the one where he has the "leash" clipped to his pants, keeping him from the stairs. So cute! The others are great too. I'm so glad you guys have a blog now - its so fun! :) Alicia

Joy said...

Awesome pictures and what an adorable poem! Taj - we love you too!

Bowdens said...

Cute pictures! Taj is just adorable!! I love that great big smile! It would be so fun to ACTUALLY see you guys!

Leslie said...

You're so thoughtful about what you say in your blog. Isn't that how we all feel about our little ones, I know that's pretty much how I feel everyday. Thanks for putting yours into words. It was so fun to see you guys, even it was only for an hour!

Molly Malia said...

ok, where the crap is that chair??? that is so cool! and i love the one with you and taj at the beach... and uma sure looks like a kid i know! nah... those photos did make me home sick!

i love the little poem... i love that taj!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Very well said Denae. I agree.

ashley said...

best post ever.

emilymhjohnson said...

Tajjy is the best baby ever. I'm thinking of leaving Matt for him.

betsy said...

very nice denae. i was thinking about this yesterday - how such a little creature can change your life forever!! so weird.

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

What sweet pictures and thoughtful commentary. Miss you!