Monday, February 25, 2008

Shmiracle Blade

The artist I'm beginning to be obsessed with, Beatriz Milhazes


Just when I thought I was running out of things to blog about…
So this is what I get for attempting 4th meal. I should have just realized I’m not really one of the boys & left it well enough alone & gone to bed. I wasn’t even that hungry, but a little sandwich before bed sounded like a bright idea. I’m slicing away at the cheese & next thing I know a slew of words are coming out that I don’t regularly use & water isn’t getting rid of the blood. For the next hour several options were weighed as super glue was ruled out due to the depth, Isaac stitching me at home was ruled out for the obvious & a butterfly bandage just didn’t seem to be working. So 3 hours later at 2:30am I finally got stitched up at the ER (I don’t believe there really are any emergencies there) & wanted to die. I’m honestly not a wuss & I even had stitches 3 times by the age of 8, but seriously! I told myself that I was a baby back then & now I’m a mature mother so it probably won’t hurt that bad, but I do believe there was a moment in the process that I actually said, “Why can’t I be in labor instead?!” There’s got to be a better way then needles people. So a middle finger rolled 3 times its size in bright purple tape & 4 hours of sleep makes for a stellar day in the office!

And p.s. to the police officer that gave me a ticket on the way home from work on Friday… you are stupid & I DO look at the signs & still think the speed limit is 65!

What's your stitches/ broken bone story?

12 comments:

Lauren F. said...

You should have called my dad Denae! Actually, that late at night he would have probably told you to call in the morning. . .:)

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Hey! It's Brynne. good to hear from you and your fam is super cute too! If you have any more of those Hooter Hider's you've made, I dont' have one and would love one!!!!! NO pressure but just saying......

Aim said...

Oh my gosh!!! Are you ok? I HATE when stupid stuff like that happens, even something as stupid as dropping a freakin vase on my toe and I can't walk for like the day b/c its so bruised. I feel for ya girl, hang it there. And just for the record, I hate popo's too.
When we had a really bad storm last week in Highland, kids were stuck in buses on the roads and at the elementary school, well someone from my parent's ward went looking and found one of the lost buses, went to the door and opened it up and there were the kids and the bus driver safe and sound. The kids and the bus driver were crying-I know and the bus driver was a young kid, weird, anyway, right at that moment a police office pulled up and hurries to the front door of the bus and says, "Hey, what are you doing here? (to the guy and the bus driver), this road is closed b/c of the storm." The guy looked at him and said, "Do you not realize this bus has been lost for 3 hours and we found it?" "Have you not bee listening to your radio?" The police officer mumbled something about checking his radio, comes back and says,"You're right, this is the bus." HONESTLY!! Turn on your radio! Freakin Utah cops, dumbest tools in the shed.

ashley said...

hi. sorry i have been a blog slacker these days...
that sucks! hope your finger is alright, fourth meal will get you every time.

once my brother hit me in the head with a glof club and i had to get 4 staples. rad.

Our son Kade said...

Bummer - I hope it heels quickly. Did they give you one of those clear plastic stickies over it? That really helped when I had stitches in my knee, which leads to my stitches story, and the only time I've had stitches except for surgery. I was running to cross the street one day, tripped, flew across the lane, and landed on my knee, and had to get 4 stitches. Imagine trying to tell people why I was limping and had stitches, because no one ever believes you the first time you tell them that you fell crossing the street and had to get stitches, so you have to tell them several times. Good times..... It was really funny though. Hope your finger heals soon! :) Alicia

Lant Family said...

Oh that is sad! I had stiches on my knee in 2 places. Christy and I (when we were younger of course) decided it would be a good idea to see how fast I could run! So we tied a jump rope around my waist and then the other end to Christy's bike. We then thought the best way to test my athletic abilities was to have her ride her bike down a gravel hill. So she took off and I was running behind her. Well I couldn't keep up and she was dragging me down the hill. All while my parents were having a BBQ and my mom was like we look over and see Christy ridding her bike down the hill draggin Heather. That was fun!!! So then I had a note saying not to do gym class. Well my teacher didn't care and made me run a mile the next day at school. How stupid.

Spiresfam said...

Denae are you having a bad month or what? At least now you can use Mark's excuse for scares etc. and just say you were in a gang fight!
Hope you have a better day at work tomorrow.

Bowdens said...

No stitches, no broken bones...ever!! I'm sorry about your finger though!! We had so much fun with Beau & Heidi, when are we going to have a reunion?? By the way...you are tagged my dear!

Molly Malia said...

sorry denae... your stomach was sending mixed signals to your brain and fingers...

well... that is funny that you posted this... cause i got stitches for the first time last night. four of them. not bad eh? but that was all after i lost about 2 cups of blood. it was a friggin water fall!

Molly Malia said...

tag you're it!
check me out...

Joan said...

Wow, Beatriz is amazing. The colors are fantastic..super psychedelic...but in a good way.
Sorry about the lame finger situation. I get SO mad when I hurt myself. It's kind of funny actually...I really get angry.
So...how about a vacation to St. Louis for the Koplin fam in June? I hear there are fine accommodations at the Katzoff bed and breakfast?

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing about the story Heather wrote. I still can't believe we did that! I'm so sorry about that Heather! I have not had stitches, but I can only imagine how terrible it was! I don't like the sight of blood. Hmmm, well the last time I got my blood drawn, I totally fainted and started crying once I found out I had fainted. Remind me to tell you about my roller blading story!