Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Skills

As I have said many a previous time, my husband has mad skills.  He's pretty awesome at coming up with & creating original things... from small to life changing.  As a couple, we really are motivated by collaborating on projects & made a goal when we were married to be able to look around our house & have at least 50% of the stuff be things we made/ worked on.  There is just a real sense of accomplishment & satisfaction in it for us.  Sadly over the years as life has adjusted to new situations, the creating has taken a back seat, but now with pinterest, instructables & such websites it is being renewed for us.  
So that is why I am undertaking a new commitment with my blog.  I am devoting tuesdays to ben & his ingenious works.  We've always wanted to document the things he makes, but now I am doing it & I am doing it every tuesday here.  Yes.  I am committing.  So be prepared to see some pretty awesome stuff on Tuesdays & feel free to copy for your own or he is always open to selling creations & talking with people about them. 

To start it off we will jump in with a big one...

A couple of years ago he got deep into alternative fueling.  He did a lot of research & with the help of his brother, Isaac, converted his 1984 Diesel Mercedes & later his Ford F250 to run on Vegetable Oil.  And it didn't end there.  He also made a homemade filtering system to filter the oil he procured monthly in barrels from a Deep Fried Ravioli Factory to run in the car.  
I was proud beyond words of this man for the hours & success he put into this & thought it was the most awesome hobby ever (especially when we drove to Indianapolis, Colorado & Florida for free), but I will admit, I wasn't devastated several years later when our garage was no longer an oil slick that sent kids crying to the ground.

2 comments:

Aim said...

Ben is the coolest ever. Looking forward to the Tuesday updates. Lovin the veggie oil!

Ben said...

First of all, I feel like the pressure is on.

Secondly, is it wrong that I go to a happy place when I get a whiff of old stagnate vegetable oil?