Monday, July 23, 2012

13 more weeks/ 91 days

Pregnancy is not nice to me.  Nope.  Which is why I will not be posting any pictures of myself any time soon.  I am not one of those cute, little pregnant women that people look at & can't help but say "awww".  I am more the one that they look at & can't help but say "what the #@$#!!!  Poor girl. I don't ever want to do that."  Being that Ben & I don't plan on me encountering this condition any time again in my life, I am trying to appreciate this one as my last, but it's hard!  I. don't. like. it.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that there are so many women that love it (I envy them) & it is amazing that my body can do it & I appreciate that to no end when the final product arrives, but as far as the 9 months leading up to it... no thanks.  
For the nitty gritty here I will focus on the big 4.  
1st of all, my body likes to explode.  It tends to feel the need to absorb any fat or water that is within 20 feet of it during these 40 weeks & then I get lectures from the dr. & looks from the friends.  Thank you Jessica Simpson for taking one for the team & proving people can still rock it when this happens.  
2ndly, my boobs decide they are not going to plan for 1 little blessing, but at least 7.  This makes for lots of uncomfortable braness (I am not buying a new one for just a few months) & awkward "wow your boobs are huge" comments.  Honestly, how am I supposed to respond to these?  Not to mention after the baby is born, these abnormally large puppies have to adjust to the fact they aren't getting the opportunity to feed a small army.  That isn't fun either.  
3rdly, my feet grow, so not only can I no longer where my normal clothes, I can no longer where my shoes, making me feel thaaat much more attractive. 
4th, I turn into an irrational basket case.  Even though my brain tells me I am being nuts my emotions want someone to die & they reign.  No normally annoying situation can keep from turning into a raging disaster.
And still did I mention it's uncomfortable to walk, I can't sleep at night but manage to fall asleep at inopportune moments in the day, get weird skin tags, constantly have a person punching me from the inside (this is the most active one yet), randomly vomit, have a ridiculous waddle, an aversion to the word "egg", no motivation, pee when I sneeze & so much more... 
And with that all vented, it is worth every day of it in the end because I get a little person to love to the sky that makes my life that much more unselfish, adventurous, full & exciting.   

4 comments:

Carol j said...

You poor thing... but please don't stop at 3! 3 is such a wrong number of kids to have.

Leslie said...

Reading this is like you have a direct link to my thoughts when I'm pregnant. I get what you are talking about, makes me that much more excited to get pregnant again.... really.... 13 more weeks! You can DO it. Seriously. :)

Fawn said...

I know you are miserable but I must say that I think that the emotional explosions are much better this time!

Anonymous said...

oh Denae! I feel so bad for you, but you crack me up! I'm sorry pregnancy is not nice to you! As for the comments on your boobs, I think you should just blankly stare at people and say "no they're not".

PS: I think you look great pregnant. Just a few more months to go!