Friday, May 4, 2012

He is an Animal

For real I was ovvverrrrly spoiled for my birthday.  Ben gave me 30 days of surprises.  This ranged from smoothies, flowers, love notes, plastic rings, pedicures, manicures, dvds, books & cds to girls' nights with my ladies with him as our playboy waiter delivering salmon snacks & sorbet & entertaining us with games to one of my absolutely besties, Emily, flying in for a weekend of the 2 of us kidless in San Diego & then ending it all with a night on catalina with him.  Really I think he was just scared to death of not doing enough or doing it wrong for 30, so he did all he could think of without doing an actual surprise party (me is not a fan).  It was really really sweet & lovely & made me feel extremely special & lucky.  I will say though, that it is nice now to wake up in the morning & not feel nervous for whom I might be seeing or where I might be going during the day...  Needless to say he has won many admirers with this, but I for one already knew he had it going on.   
And in a couple of weeks we are yet again getting an adult weekend getaway (having a single brother that is obsessed with your kids live a mile away is pretty nice) to our favorite city in the US when it is warm.  Chicago, triplets, loved ones & Carrie & Simon's wedding here we come!!!!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute pic of you and Emily! You really did get spoiled... but good for you and way to go Ben. What a good hubby you have!

kelly said...

that is amazing! nothing better than seeing old friends!!

emilymhjohnson said...

WooHoo! That Ben sure knows how to throw a party! (er, or a not-party... Either way, he's awesome) I am sad it's over. But never fear! You have plenty to look forward to - your fortieth birthday is only ten years away! Better start planning, Ben! Happy 30th Denae! Love you!

Eli said...

Um, what's the deal with Under the Bridge (#56) on your playlist?

Denae said...

@Ben- Of course you passed dummy & Eli was commenting on the fact it isn't really the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but instead some awful singer, but thanks!
@Eli- Haha! Thanks for pointing that out. That was pretty bad.

Anonymous said...

awh, that sounds like a great 30th!! so fun and thoughtful! way to go, Ben

see you guys in t-minus 12 days!

Unknown said...

Wow, Ben, maybe I'll have to stop thinking he's a big dork!! lol. What a SWEETHEART! He needs to spend more time with my husband. ;)

Happy 30th, glad you got to ring it in in style!!

And yes, having child-obssessed siblings within a few miles (ahem, Haley) is VERY nice.

Aim said...

Whoa BEN!!! Way to come through! So glad you had such a great time with Emily, sounds AWESOME. Let's plan something HUGE for your 40th, I'm thinking a cruise??? :) Love ya.