Sunday, April 8, 2012

T-Ball Is Intense

We decided it was time to sign up the little man on a legitimate T Ball team so he could be just like daddy & his brothers. We just followed all his friends onto the Los Altos League. Yeah... probably not the right choice for us. These are for real people! Like bejeweled kids names on all sorts of mom team paraphernalia & games & practices twice a week every week for months & lots of money & volunteering & planning your whole life around it & starting your kid super young so they can move up fast & T Ball World Series! Whoops. We just wanted the option to hoot & holler at cute little guys running around with too big helmets & tight, little baseball pants (ok maybe that doesn't sound quiet like I want it to) a couple times a month. Maybe we are naive & this doesn't exist in the T-Ball world, but wow we weren't expecting this intensity. Taj is having a great time though & here are some pictures from his latest game. Oh & feel free not to pay any attention to the fact that we bought the cheap pants with no belt loops instead of the required uniform... just haven't gotten around to sewing any on yet.


2 comments:

emilymhjohnson said...

Woohoo! Go Taj!!! And Denae, I think you could totally rock a bejeweled team jersey. What's that? You want me to just make it for you? Well... ok, if you insist.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Isn't it totally crazy how into these little league sports the PARENTS get?!?! That's how I feel with football here. CRAZY. And I am the no nonsense mom... after all, it is a game, and supposed to be fun. And my boys don't care if they have the latest bag...they just want to play the game. I love how excited they are to be involved. And I love the proud moment when your baby figures out the game! So fun. How are you feeling? Is life getting any "better" for you?