There is a Hindu belief that what you do for the 1st day of the new year sets the tone for the rest of the year. What a beautiful belief. The Hindu's are specifically speaking of your spirituality, but I like to think of it as the day in it's entirety. I would really like to believe that I can help shape the coming year by devoting the 1st day to what I hold most dear.
All this being said, I remembered this thought all new years eve, but forgot it on the actual day. I know that is a big bummer on my part, so I am going to view new years eve as the tone for this year. We really want to focus on traditions & activities to make our little family stronger. The 1st we started was our New Years Eve Dance party. We have a daughter that can not stop feeling the rhythm & a son that is trying & 2 of us that love to move so we are embracing it. From here on out new years eve is about spending time as our little unit getting all fancied up, spinning the tunes, busting our moves & loving & laughing together. It was a success & will only be getting better every year!
3 comments:
Oooo, I like that. And I LOVE that you guys decided to to go with DANCING as the tone for the year. What a great tradition. I'm a big believer that dancing is/ can be/ once was/ a spiritual experience and a way to praise God and give thanks. {obviously the type of dancing going on at the clubs these days not-so-much. A religion teacher once told me he believed that dancing is what got the pioneers across the plains.} So your tradition maybe works in the Hindu/spiritual way too, ya?
Oh, love it too! Beautiful pictures. You guys are awesome. And my little one loves to dance too...And your little foot picture is BEAUTIFUL ... I need to take fun pictures like that with my family!
I love this idea! You are so great Denae!
Post a Comment