Monday, March 28, 2011

Honestly, who steals a #&*%@(# stroller!!?


Things the thief should know...

*We did lots & lots of research before we decided on that stroller & even then we did tons more research to get the best deal
*My children have literally grown up in that stroller
*I am praying you just decide to silently return it in the night
*I worked extra & sold all our other strollers to pay for that one.
*We would have let you borrow it no problem
*It does tons of tricks you will never figure out!!!
*You have no business going into someone else's backyard while they sleep
*It can hold 5 kids, but I'm not going to tell you how
*We have gone on hundreds & hundreds & hundreds of walks, runs, skates & shopping trips in that stroller
*It is a member of our family
*Anyone that knows us, knows how we feel about that stroller
*We use that stroller EVERY day
*My kids have spent hundreds of hours in that stroller
*It has Taj's personal artwork on the back of the seat
*There is no way to fix that back wheel--- you'll have to buy a new one!
*It will not be pretty if we find you with it
*The stroller has been on every trip with us for the past 2 1/2 years
*I can not bare to replace it
*A very fat & lazy dog can fit into the bottom basket
*You have made it so I officially can't have another kid ever-- it's on you buddy
*I am sick of being mad at me for not putting it in the garage that night & now my anger is coming your way

12 comments:

Lant Family said...

oh man that is SOOO sad!! People are so mean sometimes!

Poe said...

no way!!! Let me at em if you do find them. I have an absurd attachment to your stroller because it introduced us to our Phil and Ted's. You did all the research and prep and then we swooped in and got one too. And anyone with a P&T knows how much you love and depend on it. Seriously that sucks big big big time. So sorry!

kelly said...

stolen right out of your backyard? i can't believe people. there is just no respect for other's property. nikki and her daughter just got their iphones stolen out of the truck in makaha, makes you soooo mad!

on happier notes, your hair is just so cute and should kiley buy that stroller?

Leslie said...

awh seriously?? I'm so sad for you guys, I hoping you have a random run-in with this thief so you can pummel him/her!!

ashley said...

oh no. that is the worst. so sorry. and i really mean that from the bottom of my heart, that really sucks!
i got a crappy old phil and teds on craigslist a few months ago, maybe you can look there for a replacement? good luck!

mich said...

WTF . who steals a stroller. i hope you find them. they are probably selling it on craigslist right now. I always wanted that phil & ted stroller but someone told me i wasn't allowed to spend that much on a stroller. blah. if i buy one - i will name it Denae in honor of your kidnapped stroller.

p.s. dont blame yourself - right now on my front porch I have 3 strollers and 2 carseats that I have nowhere else to store.

Michael said...

Ok, where's the DISLIKE button!?!?

Anonymous said...

that sucks! I bet it's someone in the neighborhood, because really? who yard hops at night, hoping to find a stroller? It's good that there are a few random things that you know about it, so when you see the person you can be like "mine. I know about the janky wheel and artwork. fork it over."

(if it helps, some neighborhood jerk let himself in my gate, with lock cutters, apparently, and stole my bike)

Rebekah said...

I am angry for you! My stroller is currently on our porch, and I had to go check to make sure it was still there... your thief has made me paranoid now. A friend of ours was car jacked in Memphis, and a few days later they found the car seats on their front porch... maybe your thief will gain some morals and return your stroller!

By the way, what kind of stroller is that? I might have to get myself one when we decide to have another babe! Oh, and I really like your playlist... good music. Hope you catch the thief, or at least get your stroller back.

betsy said...

sorry to hear about this. sucks, sucks, sucks.

heidi said...

i would steal it too. that stroller rocks the house. but yeah--who goes in backyards and steals stuff--oh...Californians. we've gotten things lifted right out of the back gate too. lameness, but don't give up on your ted.

anna said...

Wow. I feel bad about my non-empathy to you about your incident. I didn't quite understand your loss until I saw the photo montage of the dearly departed.