I joined the Long Beach Roller Derby team
This is not necessarily a risk for me in the way most would assume (getting the crap beat out of me- I grew up with 3 brothers doing that), but mostly because I knew not a soul there & was an unsure, crappy skater with so much to learn. I won't lie... the 1st couple of practices were rough & I felt a bit like an outsider in junior high again, but these days are absolutely worth it. And I am getting more & more proud of myself as I am getting better & can see my progress. I love my new shmoopsy poo comrades. So start thinking of derby names for me. I've got a couple in the noggin that I'm debating, but we'll save those for a later post. 




http://citybeatlb.com/2011/01/features/long-beach-derby-girls/
12 comments:
That is so awesome--I bet you are good!
HARD CORE!!
that takes guts to even think about! you go girl!
we had a girl in our ward that did roller derby, she lost 40lbs. and became so tough!
do you get to wear those tiniest shorts?!:)
Derby Name:
Denae-mite
Kats-off-with-your-head
:)
Can't wait to watch- you better post some video of this.
Sorry we missed you last week.
your my freaking hero, i want to join you!!!!!!!!!!
this is awesome!!
I personally think something as simple and tough as Killer would be good. Or, taking from above and using your last name a bit Killer Kat. (I'm not very good at this)
you live in long beach now? shine and i are stopping over in LA on our way back from mexico in may. we'll only be in town for about 36 hours, but if our schedules can merge, i would love to see you.
and you butt looks amazing in that picture!
Ninja-Nae!
I knew you were my friend for a reason.
wait, what?! this is so fun! can't wait to hear your name.
hahahah!!!! I so can see you in those little shorts. Good for you!
Roller derby? THAT is awesome. You'd better keep up with posts on it. I hope you are having a blast with it. Oh and way to chop your hair! You are my idol. But you tend to look cute whatever it is you do or wear. Oh... and I hope you guys get healthy VERY soon... that sucks!
Denae, YOU ROCK!! I've thought of doing this before too! I ended up doing kickboxing instead, but Roller Derby sounds like a BLAST. Perhaps if we all end up out for a reunion we can come see you do your thing. :)
Post a Comment