Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stitch & Bitch

I am not good at implementing crafties. Really I'm not being modest... I make cute things horribly, grotesquely offensive. Not cute kitchy, but ugly. I have the ideas & the vision, but when it comes to getting the details done & pretty... not so much. BUT this is to say after years of practice I'm getting better. That's all. Just getting better. I'm just happy to finally have something I make turn out remotely like what it was in my noggin. So apology to those that have had to put on a happy face about my past projects that came knocking in the form of presents. (Especially this goes out to poor Niki & the completely inappropriate phallic sock monkey.)she thinks she's a fashion designer. after "dressing herself" she walked around like this for quite awhile mmmmm running in mud

4 comments:

Janae said...

I want to see pictures of your crafts. I'm sure they are not as bad as you think.

ashley said...

everyone loves a good run in the mud! lotus is quite the fashionista! and whatever about the craftyness, you made a great onezie for ivy!

angerine said...

I'm in love with the cute onesies you sent. Such a cute idea! I don't know if they're close to what was in your noggin, but they are awesome(and they got the wheels turning in my own head) Thanks so much!

betsy said...

at least you execute what's in your noggin. so far i've loved what i've seen. and niki loves the inappropriate sock monkey :)