
I haven't been to the dentist for 8 years. Yes, 8 years. It's not that I have some sort of phobia, it's just that I haven't gone. Period. Well & I guess because I don't seem to get cavities, I don't feel the need to go waste money. It is this cocky attitude that causes the issue with my husband. He takes extra care with his teeth & seems to have more problems, so to spite me he surprised me with booking a dentist appointment for me last week. What a sweetheart. No biggie though. I went & enjoyed the woman sawing away at my teeth for an hour & suggesting I floss more & that I really should be back more than once every 8 years if I would prefer less blood. Hmmm... not going quite how I'd expected. Then the Dr. comes in & pokes around & says, "Well you have 5 cavities". 5!!! Cinco! That's FIVE! Of course Ben is more excited about this than any grown man should be & needless to say I will not be going back for another 8 years. Jerks.
7 comments:
i used to be the exact same way then i realized that if i went every 6 months it was much much easier on me. now i am pretty faithful to do at least once a year! flossing is really good too! sorry you have to endure 5 fillings, i would rather have a pap smear- sorry TMI ?!
i was in on the fence first i think, happy you enjoy it:)
i hate hate hate the dentist. i had 7 last time i went and i have a tooth that hurts and i think i need to go again soon. so crappy. sorry about the 5, good luck with that!
and happy birthday taj-y boy! happy day!
That is so funny! With Jason and I it is the exact opposite, he doesn't take care of his teeth and never goes to the dentist. Drives me crazy:)
Just remember....kids = cavities....
I was completely cavity free until...wham, bam...Felicity was born and on come the cavities.
Haven't had any in five years or so...but I'm not looking forward to the aftermath of child #5 (well, #3 from my womb...but #5 in the house).
As much as I dislike the scraping and poking around, thanks to great dental insurance, a funny dentist who tries to have conversations while poking around, and a great view of the city while I'm miserable, I've been going every 6 months for the past 7 years. The more you go, the faster you get out... I can leave work, get my teeth cleaned and be back at my desk within an hour. So, miss missy... you should go more often! :)(also, have you already had your cavities filled? If not, I strongly suggest a second opinion-- unless of course your dentist is someone you know)
Hey Denae!
Your kids are getting so big! Any they are sooooo cute! I need you email address so I cam catch up with everything!
Autumn
I feel your pain. I'd never had a cavity then one time bam . . .three all once. I was ticked! My dentist said pregbabct is really hard on your teeth. Who knew?
Post a Comment