Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Goings On

*I am happy, happy, happy, happy. The weather has been delightful lately & we're just eating it up. It makes life so much more enjoyable. I'm swollen with happiness! Yes, that's right. Swollen.
*It's been downhill since my friend Emily introduced me to Sonic, Burger King & Steak & Shake having Happy Hour with 1/2 priced drinks & shakes. I mean really, tell me that didn't just make you a little happy??? Recently I've been informed though that you are supposed to tip at Sonic!!! Are you kidding me!? It's fast food! I don't tip at the drive through! That just tainted Happy Hour.
*My dad retired last week after 36 years with the same company. As a tribute to his hard work we had a surprise party & tried to keep it fairly small, but there are just too many people that love that man! In the end it was 175 people! But it turned out great & he was truely surprised. So here are a couple pictures from that.

*Lotus has been an awesome night sleeper since day one. She was occasionally sleeping through the entire night by 6 or 7 weeks. Since then she wakes up once a night & still sometimes sleeps through the night UNTIL last week. All of a sudden she's waking up 2 times a night!! I know this is normal for babies, but not this one! I like the 1X a night! Save me!
What do I do??? How do I break this cycle!!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whiskey, a leeeedle bit of whiskey for her before bed. HA! I kid, I kid-- that's for teething anyway, right? I have nothing. Maybe keep her up 30-60 minutes later to really tucker her out? Cut her afternoon nap short by 15 minutes?

I'm thinking her little internal body clock is adjusting to spring and she's so excited to see the sun and birds that she has to keep waking up to see if it's time for all of the excitement. Good luck, I hope she goes back to 6-7 hours soon.

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with alyssa but it was mostly because we moved. But lately she's been waking up every three to four hours and I realized she's gotten used to snacking 3-4 ounces at a time rather than taking a full meal of six. So the other night she woke up after four hours again and I let her cry for about a half hour and then fed her and she took six ounces and then slept six hours! Last night she slept six again so I'm hoping we're on our way back to her 10-hour sleeping schedule. Lotus could also be having a growth spurt. That always gums up the works.

kelly said...

i am so happy for your dad, he so deserves a big party and to enjoy retirement!
good luck with lotus, they go through so many phases and you never know what is going on, she could need more food, i loved when you can give them a little rice cereal before bed, give it a month or so i am sure she'll be back to usual. it's tough with no sleep though!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun party. Isn't this weather crazy? I was cracking up at the picture of Lotus with the seashells. Hilarious.

Emily said...

wow! 175! We don't even know that many people. I hope I do by the time we are ready to retire. Sounded like a fun party!

ashley said...

umm, hello? when were we not best friends? ;)

good luck with that sleep deprivation thing, that is junk. more food? she just wants to hang with you more cause you are so cool.