I'm turning into a crappy blogger with 2 kids! Who knew!?
My little love is now 7 weeks old & a sweet, sweet, dimpled girl. She's smiling & cooing all over the place these days and fattening up nicely.
Taj is being a bit of a terror though. Love him plenty, but not enjoying whatever is going on. Lots of tantrum & just pure out of control destruction. Thank goodness he's still loving Lotus, but we're just a little shell shocked at trying to figure out a new way of parenting. Hmm... nice of Taj to go climb in her playpen & wake her up... DAILY!
How do I keep my patience with the little guy without being too lax of a parent???
I'm sorry I have no advice on how to handle #1 when #2 comes along. Here's the deal... you figure it out first and can tell me when Evie starts acting that way. Sound good? But I did want to tell you that I finally bought my tickets to come home. I'll be there on the Sunday the 15th through the next Friday the 27th. So, I'll see you then!!
Ok so the little bit that I learned from just babysitting and from observing parents is to be firm- don't threaten a time out and then not follow through- they'll totally take advantage of being naughty if they know that the consequence isn't going to happen. Also, warn them of upcoming events- even if it's only bedtime. I used to do that with all of the kids I watched and (usually) never had a problem getting them to bed. Like at the start of the movie, I'd tell them we were going to get into jams 1/2 way through, and after the movie it was time for bed. And then when they were putting on their jams, I'd remind again that bedtime was coming up. This way they weren't expecting another movie or playtime.
PS: Lotus doesn't look too upset that he's in her playpen... she kind of looks ready to giggle. She's a trickster I tell you!
I just have to pinch her cheeks---she is sweeter than I ever could have hoped for for you---as far as Taj---he is just testing your boundaries---so make sure you create them. You aren't a mean parent if you keep him in line---he will still be free-spirited--that is who he is and you won't damage him for life. PROMISE! ALthough I have to laugh as I watch you, mom and everyone else chase him when you call him and he runs and I say..better you than me! LOL
lotus = cute. cute cheeks and i love her dark eyes!
i think a agree with the comments above, set boundaries but pick and choose what is important- if it is not a big deal don't make a big deal of it. and i like the talk to him and warn him of what is coming up, velzy loves to have a plan and know what she is doing and when. toddlers like to feel in the know and in control i think. and good luck- i am sure your doing a great job!
It's all about learning what works for you. I learned that when kids start acting up a little, take some time out with that child, read them a short story, have them help you clean something, involve them and give them some positive attention. And then smile, laugh, and count your blessings....
oh she is so cute, she is starting to look like taj with those big brown eyes. it's just a stage with taj i am sure, he lost his place as one and only. you don't have to be patient if he is not supposed to be doing it though. otherwise i just think alone time just for him is good too. kiley was a terror, it all gets better!!
I have mine in reverse order. Max is the destructo- push the limits boy. For him, it is an attention thing. He wants all the attention. Giving him "jobs" to earn special time with me or Todd works well.
wow she looks like Taj in that first pic. ohhhhhh I want to kiss her and hold her and i hate that I am missing this. darn it! Some words of comfort...I think it's an age thing. Preston is definitely going through something too. He is all about the tantrums suddenly and he has to do EVERYTHING himself. I'm sure the Lotus thing is adding to it but it's also a 2 thing. hope you got to enjoy the snow. kiss that girl for me. she's so darn cute!
I love that you said, "Lotus is fattening up nicely" like she's livestock or something! LOVE it! Fat babies are the only kind to have...with edible cheeks, of course.
first off... she is so cute! second... i've been trying not to say 'no' all the time.. and starting to ask her more questions about her actions and wants... it works unless she is tired.
Hey Girlie, Lotus is so stinkin cute. How are you adjusting to 2 kids? We are moving again!! Last time! We're finally buying a house and plan on staying for awhile, in Orlando! You will have to come and visit. I have been thinking about our little vacay to the caribbean and think we should take another trip together. Hope your doing good.
14 comments:
I'm sorry I have no advice on how to handle #1 when #2 comes along. Here's the deal... you figure it out first and can tell me when Evie starts acting that way. Sound good? But I did want to tell you that I finally bought my tickets to come home. I'll be there on the Sunday the 15th through the next Friday the 27th. So, I'll see you then!!
Watch Super Nanny-- she always has the answer.
Ok so the little bit that I learned from just babysitting and from observing parents is to be firm- don't threaten a time out and then not follow through- they'll totally take advantage of being naughty if they know that the consequence isn't going to happen. Also, warn them of upcoming events- even if it's only bedtime. I used to do that with all of the kids I watched and (usually) never had a problem getting them to bed. Like at the start of the movie, I'd tell them we were going to get into jams 1/2 way through, and after the movie it was time for bed. And then when they were putting on their jams, I'd remind again that bedtime was coming up. This way they weren't expecting another movie or playtime.
PS: Lotus doesn't look too upset that he's in her playpen... she kind of looks ready to giggle. She's a trickster I tell you!
I just have to pinch her cheeks---she is sweeter than I ever could have hoped for for you---as far as Taj---he is just testing your boundaries---so make sure you create them. You aren't a mean parent if you keep him in line---he will still be free-spirited--that is who he is and you won't damage him for life. PROMISE! ALthough I have to laugh as I watch you, mom and everyone else chase him when you call him and he runs and I say..better you than me! LOL
lotus = cute.
cute cheeks and i love her dark eyes!
i think a agree with the comments above, set boundaries but pick and choose what is important- if it is not a big deal don't make a big deal of it. and i like the talk to him and warn him of what is coming up, velzy loves to have a plan and know what she is doing and when. toddlers like to feel in the know and in control i think. and good luck- i am sure your doing a great job!
It's all about learning what works for you. I learned that when kids start acting up a little, take some time out with that child, read them a short story, have them help you clean something, involve them and give them some positive attention. And then smile, laugh, and count your blessings....
oh she is so cute, she is starting to look like taj with those big brown eyes.
it's just a stage with taj i am sure, he lost his place as one and only. you don't have to be patient if he is not supposed to be doing it though. otherwise i just think alone time just for him is good too. kiley was a terror, it all gets better!!
I have mine in reverse order. Max is the destructo- push the limits boy. For him, it is an attention thing. He wants all the attention. Giving him "jobs" to earn special time with me or Todd works well.
wow she looks like Taj in that first pic. ohhhhhh I want to kiss her and hold her and i hate that I am missing this. darn it! Some words of comfort...I think it's an age thing. Preston is definitely going through something too. He is all about the tantrums suddenly and he has to do EVERYTHING himself. I'm sure the Lotus thing is adding to it but it's also a 2 thing. hope you got to enjoy the snow. kiss that girl for me. she's so darn cute!
Denae, Lotus is gorgeous! I am sorry for the lack of advice, but I am trying to figure out how to deal with the temper tantrums of my little one too:)
Both your kids are so cute!
I love that you said, "Lotus is fattening up nicely" like she's livestock or something! LOVE it! Fat babies are the only kind to have...with edible cheeks, of course.
first off... she is so cute!
second... i've been trying not to say 'no' all the time.. and starting to ask her more questions about her actions and wants... it works unless she is tired.
Hey Girlie, Lotus is so stinkin cute. How are you adjusting to 2 kids? We are moving again!! Last time! We're finally buying a house and plan on staying for awhile, in Orlando! You will have to come and visit. I have been thinking about our little vacay to the caribbean and think we should take another trip together. Hope your doing good.
Joe had started in with the tantrum too. What gives? I hope, for all our sakes, they both cut it out and SOON!
Post a Comment