Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nope, No Baby Yet

For reasons that probably don't need mentioning, I haven't felt like doing anything as of late (Side note: The Dr. said "any minute" last Monday). This sadly includes blogging, emailing, talking on the phone, etc. So basically I'm sorry for being a crappy friend recently, but I really do appreciate the unconditional love I'm getting!
1st off, I'm sorry that I'm sure for most this post is probably just off in left field, but my brain isn't working quite clearly & I'm trying my hardest to make sense without being too, too personal (yes, there is stuff I still keep to myself), mushy, crazy, emotional. That said, there has been lots going on in my mind & I was reading my siblings blogs & realized we are all having the same thoughts, so I wanted to share mine too.
Due to a couple of issues, 2008 has definitely been the hardest year my family has seen. There really have been more moments than not when I'm sure I'm watching my family crumble around me & there is no way we can survive everything & still be happy & a family. I've been missing the important lessons though & without even trying my family has taught them to me. When we should have all given up on us, my family has done the opposite & become so much stronger than I ever imagined. When we are together there is more love than before & just more laughter & happiness. We don't need to talk about it, but we are just united in feeling very thoughtful & humble & sad & thankful & confused, but most of all full of love for each other & it's made us closer.
And of course amongst it all I keep thinking, "sure, we're going to be okay, but there still is a lot of hurt & sadness. How can I bring a baby into this? I can't possibly expect my family to be excited right now." But they have been so excited & the other night my sister mentioned how good it is that I'm having this baby right now because our family needs this distraction & happiness. It was just what I needed to hear because once again I overlooked the obvious & I underestimated the blessing this child is in so many ways. Now it just needs to come out please!!!!

13 comments:

kelly said...

denae, this baby will be a blessing to your family and a bright spot in a dark place. there is this quote, Family, forever always, no matter what! there you go! good luck, i can't wait to see what your having and the name of this baby!

Samantha said...

I think Mackenzie had just taken a drink in that picture or something! Funny.

My mom found out she was pregnant with my brother when my grandfather (her dad) was in a nursing home after having a really bad stroke. She was able to tell him about being pregnant, and she knew that he understood. He died 4 months before Kevin was born, but his birth gave my grandmother new focus in her life and helped her not be so sad. Your baby will be the same way. I can't wait to hold this little one!

Leslie said...

Oh I love you and your family. This baby will surely be a happy welcome little addition. I'm glad you have come to feel that way now too. Although I won't be there (again) this Christmas, know that I'll be wishing I could be there, celebrating the holidays together. I can't wait for my next trip out to see this little one!

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me tear up Nae! Yeah...I kinda feel bad for your baby---it's going to be held more than any child wants to be! This little one is a blessing we didn't know we would need so much at this time. If we can all just learn what ever it is we are supposed to learn from this CRAPPY stuff I will be forever grateful!

ashley said...

that is really cool about your family rallying and getting together to support and be happy even when things may not be the the best. that is what family is all about!
hope your doing good, and that baby comes out soon! i can't wait to see he/she and the name and see pics and all that good stuff. now go find some stairs and start climbing!

Leilani said...

I can't believe it's already time for you to have the baby. Time flies when you're not the one pregnant. :) I hope all goes wonderful and can't wait to see pictures!

Emily said...

When are you actually due? You look gorgeous. So glad that you're feeling strengthened and hopefully for the future. Babies are miracles in so many ways.

anna said...

Thank you for the update. I was thinking about you all weekend! I will not call ot text, just keep the blog up to date please!
Even when things are bad, it's amazing how we can still find the good.

Kelli Radmall said...

Come out baby! Give Denae a break. Although, at times I think I liked mine better in...

I know about hard times in 2008. Must be going around. I liked your post and hope that you and your family will be comforted in whatever you're going through.

Aim said...

Nae I love you! Thanks for this post, I was wondering if the baby had come yet. You know how much your family and Heavenly Father loves you. He knows what is going on. Keep praying, I am praying for you too! Now come on baby, get out!

Kerstin said...

Denae- We are so excited for you and this little baby! Sorry things have been hard- I hate years like that- hang in there. Love
Kerstin

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

What's that saying - Babies are God's way of telling us the world will go on?

I can't remember it. I can really relate to babies not coming out when they are supposed to. I thought Alicia was going to start school while still in the womb. Still can't get her to move out of the house (but I really don't want her to move out, so that might have something to do with it.)

The most vervent prayer I ever said in my life was the night she was born and I said, Heavenly Father, I CAN NOT be pregnant any longer, what ever it takes for me and the baby to both still be alive, but for this baby to be born, please make it happen, NOW !!) And it did. i fell asleep and when I woke a few hours later, she was born.

I don't know if it always works, I seem to remember praying for weeks before that that she would be born, too, so anyway -
we love you and your husband and your babies and we know this one will bring you as much joy and happiness as Taj has.

Love, Charlotte

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

What's that saying - Babies are God's way of telling us the world will go on?

I can't remember it. I can really relate to babies not coming out when they are supposed to. I thought Alicia was going to start school while still in the womb. Still can't get her to move out of the house (but I really don't want her to move out, so that might have something to do with it.)

The most vervent prayer I ever said in my life was the night she was born and I said, Heavenly Father, I CAN NOT be pregnant any longer, what ever it takes for me and the baby to both still be alive, but for this baby to be born, please make it happen, NOW !!) And it did. i fell asleep and when I woke a few hours later, she was born.

I don't know if it always works, I seem to remember praying for weeks before that that she would be born, too, so anyway -
we love you and your husband and your babies and we know this one will bring you as much joy and happiness as Taj has.

Love, Charlotte