Sunday, November 9, 2008

More Candy Please

Taj's Halloween Festivities....
1st we went earlier in the week to a church function that had trunk or treating out of the back of cars, then we did the pumpkin carvings & finally on Halloween night our culdesac always blocks off our street & pulls chairs out & makes a fire while we eat & pass out candy til the wee hours. It's a fun time & Taj enjoyed it so much this year that he wouldn't even let me pull him away for door to door trick or treating. He wanted to go back to the "paaarty!" You may recall also that I was a single parent on Halloween this year and let it be said that in the entire 28.5 months I have known this kid, I have NEVER seen him so crazy energetic as he was hyped up on candy that night!!! He kept sneaking treats from bowls (or enjoying ones neighbors thought were humorous to sneak him) when no one was watching & he seriously, seriously was running in EVERY direction leading the pack of toddlers wherever he could escape to until I caught him. I hate Halloween.

Taj & Kennedy overwhelmed with the excitement of owning candy...

Dustin & Kennedy


The pumpkin carvings...

Paaartaay


Emily & Matt kindly were my surrogate Ben, thank goodness

Good Ol' Charlie & Layota
We've never decorated for Halloween before, but figured maybe we should give a little effort since we now have a 2 year old. So we are very proud of our spiders & pumpkin, thank you very much!


P.S. I am pretty sure my pelvis is splitting in 2 & the baby is going to fall out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that (the pelvis thing). makes walking around a huge pain in the a--. :0)

ashley said...

cross you legs.

taj is awesome!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I love your giant spider. I'm quite impressed on how much effort you put into Halloween (being that you are pregnant).

heidi said...

come out baby!!! i want to know what you are!!! halloween is a big sugar fest that lasts and lasts. the other day i just told oshyn to eat all of his candy so he would stop asking for it. taj would fit right in over here.

kelly said...

your house looks cute!
we saw the home makeover on sunday, where is that coffee shop located? it was really good, thanks for letting us know about it, so fun to see st. louis!
how much longer for the baby? definite names yet?

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Everything looks great...and Taj is adorable! Love the neighborhood festivities...so much fun!

I love the feeling of babies falling out...it means its getting closer!

Emily said...

I love the spider. Not over the top yet creepy. Single-parent Halloween is horrid, I agree. Thank heaven for friends!
I wait to see pics of new baby. Coming soon!!

carrie said...

Denae, This is Carrie Brazier, Your blog is so cute I haven't seen you in a while you look like your pretty good though (all things considered) just remember it's a means to an end, unless you have a c-section and then all of the pre-contractions suck.

Molly Malia said...

if he wants to come out then let him. i'm ready to rip this kid out of me with all the kicking and hick ups!