Being cute daddies, Ben & our friend Dustin took Taj & Kennedy to Boo at the Zoo night...
Dustin is a race car driver & so Taj has been to a lot of races lately (sadly no pictures due to the previously broken camera) & now he's obsessed.
He constantly says, "I'm going to the racetrack!"
So a little honesty here. I've been struggling as it gets closer to the due date to be excited. Of course I love this baby & can't wait to meet it, but it's the same ol story... scared to death to have 2 kids, feel like my life is ending, going to miss being with Taj alone, just basically not sure I can handle this or that I'm ready for this kind of change. Lots of different emotions really.
Anyway, so Ben went to help his mom in TX on her house this weekend. I wasn't excited for this at all being that I'm due in a month & have a very active 2 year old. It's been quite the opposite of what I expected though. Taj & I have had so much fun together & I've been reminded of why I wouldn't give up being a mom for anything in the world & how good it feels to have your life be about someone else. I've been able to use my extra time to just focus on him & enjoy him. We've just been playing trains & blocks & cuddling & watching Ratatouille & he's even been sleeping in my bed (this is a BIG 1st). Our weekend has made me really love & appreciate my little boy all that much more & it's given me an attitude push I needed. It's made me very excited to meet the next one. It was just the little push & reminder for me of why being a mom is the most amazing thing & while I am sure 2 will be hard, it's just that much more love in my life.
7 comments:
Denae, i understand your feelings, even when caleb was born i loved him but i told my mom it wasn't the same as my first and she said it never is but just wait... Caleb had colic so that was a little hard but i was in love with that boy, i miss him now!, but he was such my little buddy and i think i would have never been ready on my own to have a second but i will tell you that first one flies away very quickly and you will be so happy you have the second! you will love them just the same i promise and Taj will be o.k.! (love the surfboard in taj's room)
any names yet?
Alyssa said today that you are having a girl---not sure that means anything---but that's what she thinks. We are all dying to meet him or her, and the moment you put him/her into your arms your life will never be the same, and you won't miss the life before him/her cuz you will be too consumed to remember it! LOL I think you are fearing normal things..been there done that.
d- your going to be fine. just plan on going a little crazy, having loads of laundry, struggling to make dinners, and changing a lot of diapers. as well as, having your heart grow 3 sizes (in love for taj, the new baby and ben), lots of laugher and smiles, and feeling like your family is more of a family. your going to do great, and i can't believe you only have 5 weeks! i am excited!
Hey Denae,
I can't imagine the prospect of having 2 kids! But you'll adjust to it just like you adjusted to having one. Before we had Alyssa, I was nervous about not being able to do any fun stuff, but I just told myself that though things would be different and more difficult for a while, I was still going to do the things I love to do - I would just find a way to do them. It helps to see someone else with 1 or 2 kids who still gets out and goes to amusement parks and camping and working out at the gym... it is all possible, you just have to find what works. There's a couple here who had their first kid a year ago and they quit rock climbing until a month or so ago. On the otherhand, when Chris and I were climbing in Colorado once we saw a lady with a 3-month-old out climbing with her husband and friends and they just switched off watching the baby and brought lots of clothes/jackets in case of inclement weather. I decided I wanted to be like her.
I think the funnest thing about the second child would be watching Taj learn about babies and having a sibling to play with. He's going to be experiencing all kinds of new things! Of course, the hard part will be those first six weeks, but you'll get through it somehow. Give me a call if (or WHEN) you get frustrated!
Boo at the Zoo night! Too cute. Ben, you are such a good dad. And Nae, I'm glad you had that time alone with Taj, it may be the last time alone with just him for awhile! Sounds like you had fun and I'm sure Tajjy loved it. Cute pictures! How was your Halloween? What was Taj this year?
Amen, sister...it truly will be "just that much more love in your life." It is the best thing ever. I found that I loved Max immediately but the love grew in intensity with time and experience. The more memories we build together, the more I love him.
I have NO doubt you will love being a Mom to two boys.
You figured it out on your own, and before the baby is even born. Look how good you are! You're going to be an awesome mom of two!
Post a Comment