Wednesday, October 1, 2008

To Shave or Not to Shave

We love Taj's hair. And we want it to keep growing longer. It's now at that stage though where his bangs are no longer bangs, but more of eye annoyances. I can't even tell you how many times a day we hear that he needs a haircut, but we don't WANT to give him a haircut! If we cut it then we are encouraging his bangs to stay bangs rather than keep growing to be put behind his ear. I'm trying to train his bangs to decide which direction to go. When we're at home I even put a clip in them to keep them to one side, but of course that goes over well with no one & within seconds Taj has ripped it out. Anyway, we've had some suggestions to just shave it & see if the new, nonbaby hair comes in with some kind of part to it & less unruliness, but that breaks my heart. In the meantime though the poor kid can barely see!

Do we cut it or not & if not, what do we do!!?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Taj has beautiful hair. If you shave it I will hurt you. He just wouldn't look like himself...I think you would regret it.

Chris said...

Dont do it!!! Just trim it if anything ---- It will grow in even more unrully! Trust me have you seen Brayden's hair!? If you shave it I will let April Hurt you! haha!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Don't cut it, just get him a head band! lol...Malachi's is growing too...only advantage he has over Taj...his is VERY curly and looks short.

Lant Family said...

I think the longer hair is cute, it just needs a little trim.

heidi said...

i will be sad if you shave it, but i know what you mean...i usually keep trimming oshyn's bangs just barely out of his eyes and then twice a year cut the rest fairly short (for him---NOT A SHAVE) and then let it just grow. he is so so so cute with his locks.

Joan said...

You know..me and B went through the same thing with Jimmie and when we ended up shaving it--I LOVED it. I always thought, "Hey, it's hair...it'll grow back if we don't like it." The funny thing is we have never had him grow it out since. We like the shaved head b/c it shows off his round, chubby cheeked face. And in terms of "round, chubby cheeked boys" Taj takes the cake. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Samantha said...

SHAVE IT!!! It will grow back. I think he will look so adorable with short hair. I think Taj's cuteness is more tied to his personality than his looks, although he is cute that way as well!

Joy said...

Oh please dont cut it, or shave it for that matter! Its awesome. Its his "look", ya know? Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I'm not sure if shaving it would encourage it to grow back with less unruliness... I'm almost 30 and as (boy)short and long as I've had my hair, my cowlick is still there, doing its own thing. Then again, that weirdness could be from the huge dent in my head. Anyway! If he doesn't seem terribly bothered and it's other people annoying you, then don't cut it. If you guys like it, keep it as is. (I don't want to mention this but I'm going to-- you guys won't have control over his hair forever, so do what you want while you can)

Unknown said...

Your call...you'll do what you want. No matter what you do...it WILL grow back...and for boys cutting hair isn't quite the big deal it is for girls...afterall his hair will grow back in three-four months...a girls long locks....well can take YEARS ----ask Victoria how long it took to recover from her four year old mullet!

Emily said...

Dont' do it. I know its just hair but its so cute and once the baby hair is gone its gone forever! Are you getting unsolicited haircut advice? like in line at the store or at the library? Personal pet peeve. I didn't ask you, person. Shut it!
BTW, love the blog music! I'm keeping your blog up just to listen to the songs.

Aim said...

Do it. I think you will REALLY like it. And it will grow back! And yes Taj has got to be THE perfect child. He is such a sweet boy, you are so lucky.

kelly said...

Denae, here's my 2 cents, do NOT shave it now, that is a summer thing not heading into winter when he will have a cold little head. i don't know about the long enough to put behind his ears thing but i know what you mean you want a little surfer boy. i think it's cute and would just keep trimming it.