In the last couple of weeks this pregnancy has brought about anger. Honestly it's a bit out of control. I have no desire to restrain it. It's like the world is just a deserving victim to my unhappiness at being uncomfortable. So...
A week ago I was craving Asiago bagels from St.Louis Bread Co. These have been a constant need this pregnancy & so I have stopped by Bread Co. several times over the last few months. And it must be added that these are kind of a staple to their popularity as a company. So 1st of all I'm waiting in line for these yummy bagels listening to these dumb girls behind me complain the whole time about how everything has too many calories & they could never finish all that food & blahblahblahblah. When I finally get to the counter & the guy tells me that they are yet AGAIN (this is the 3rd time) out of my bagels I feel no need to restrain myself. I tell him how ridiculous this is & turn around to storm out. As I am leaving there are 2 more high maintenance girls entering (not a good moment for them to show up) & I finagle my pregnant self around so that I can hold the door for them. They do not even acknowledge me. Where normally my brain would say, "not a big deal... just go" this time it says, "die!" So I say, "You are welcome" & they turn to me kind of shocked & I just let the door go & walk away as it hits them. Yes, out of control ladies & gentlemen. Once I get home & finish my email to corporate Stl Bread Co (for which I stuck my tail between my legs & accepted their free coupons) I explained to my husband that probably I shouldn't leave the house again until this is over.
Well, last night I'm driving (bad idea) & there's a full car of dumb teenagers next to me at a stop light & the boys are saying out the window something about me being little or something & I'm still not sure they were really trying to be rude, but they were stupid either way. Every time I'd look over they would pretend they didn't say anything. So PR took over & I say, "Really how old are you guys? 5?" Yes, I know, below the belt. I am just amazing at burns. I probably should have something about them being ugly instead (See! No control!). So, something about, "no, we're 7. How old are you?" At this point they also add something about "F you." Sweet, little teenagers. I say, "I'm 26 idiots (yeah maybe I called them something less G rated), so why don't you go ahead & grow up & watch the road." At which I point to their green light they are missing & they drive away & it ends. What is wrong with me!? What mature, adult, woman by herself in her car responds to dumb teenagers!?? No restraint I tell you! Why can I not just ignore the normal annoyances of life!?
Please tell me others have these moments! What was your moment you probably should have used more restraint?
9 comments:
talking to strangers about politics. I just need to back off... especially if I know they're trying to rope me in for a fight. I get real feisty and loud, and then upset... and maybe then I start insulting them. Ok, so this doesn't really happen often, maybe once, but still, I need to show better restraint. I'm not going to change their mind, just like they won't change mine.
Oh Denae, I miss you guys so mucj. I can't stop laughting after reading your post!!! One time this guy was screaming at me out his window for cutting in front of him at a red light. It was a total accident that I cut in front of him and he was freaking out!!! I was like nine months prego with Isaac and so I got out of my car, went back to his car, and proceeded to tell him if he wants to keep yelling at me he could just deliver this baby cause I was on my way to the hospital in labor. He apologized all the while I was walking back to my car and the light turned green just in time. I hoped he learned his lesson not to be so mean all the time...and yes, pregnant women are crazy and emotional and rude!!!!! I love it! Miss you tons!
your so funny, sometimes your pictures and your posts are very different, taj laying there having a great time while your talking about pregnancy rage-it's not directed at taj is it? otherwise it's hormonal and it will pass, it's my excuse for PMS rage and that comes every month. and bread co. does deserve a letter, pregnancy cravings is important stuff, at least there are like 10 to go to, we are breadco. less out here and i miss it. your right though target is coming and that is the greatest!!!!
I like your rage stories. I tend to have anger issues even when I'm not pregnant. That's just how it goes. I completely tuned out the last half of my stake conference a few weeks ago because I witnessed an "older" lady getting bugged with a new mother and baby behind her. The baby was NOT EVEN CRYING! The baby was cooing-and not even very loud. The lady kept turning around and giving glares. Finally the young mother left, but I wanted to punch that old lady in the face. It isn't a movie, you didn't pay to be here. Kids are allowed. The baby isn't even crying! As a new mother-I was so mad. Also-I left a comment about my birthing philosophy below... I would send you all the yummy bagels in the world if I could...
Do I have your email address? I want to talk to you about the natural birth idea. No, I'm not going to talk you into a home birth or anything :)
I'm pretty sure I've had my moments. Don't be too hard on yourself Denae, you've got every right to be aggitated. And I must agree, pregnancy uncomfortableness does sometimes bring the craziness out of us. No biggie! You're almost done! :)
Did you flip them off? That would have been hilarious to watch. Oh how I wish I could have been in the front seat next to you.
The guy at the bagel store got off easy. Don't worry, every prego mama has those moments and they do fade. I don't know if that's because you get to tired to be pissed off at the world or the hormones some what regulate. You right about not leaving the house... allow your husband to fufill you craving runs if possible. Then you won't embarrass yourself in public and your husband can take your blasts in stride.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets livid when they are pregnant! I'm an unpleasant person to be around...and I throw things.
Good luck!!!
Post a Comment