Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Politics Shmolitics- A Little Rant

All of us enjoying our last night together...


The coolest place in Stl, The City Museum....


The Magic House...


My Belly...


More at the Zoo...



I'm just going to say it. I hate politics. Well, maybe not the politics themselves but what they do to people. I understand & respect how important they are, but it's like they give people a pass to act like kindergartners & forget common courtesy. People just all of a sudden think it's okay to be mean to each other & to argue in the name of politics. All common sense seems to go to the wind & people blindly put their faith & support in these politicians that they really don't even know who they are in the slightest behind closed doors. People are willing to sacrifice feelings & friendships for these men & women. We are no longer aloud to think differently from each other & respect those differences. It turns people into a competition to make everyone see things the way that they see them & generally speaking, politicians are pretty slimy anyway! Maybe I'm missing something & not understanding the whole reasoning here, but to me, at the moment, I'm about to scream if I get one more forward or one more commercial trying to sway me to vote a certain direction, especially one taking cheap shots. I will research & weigh the facts & stances & decide for myself thank you & continue to love people no matter what our differences may be.

Who's going to win this election? (Not who you are voting for, but who you think is going to win. Just one word is fine).

p.s. I still miss Taj's hair & we're probably growing it back out, but really it truly is sooo much easier!
p.p.s. As it gets closer & I'm more & more nervous about natural birth an epidural is sounding better & better & curiosity a little less enticing.
p.p.p.s. I should have never bragged about my great son & his staying in bed. My foot is officially in my mouth now because he no longer takes naps since I can't get him to stay in the bed for the life of me. It's horrible!

15 comments:

Our son Kade said...

I am SO with you on this. We have family members that are just bashing bashing bashing about their views, and its getting SO nasty, even though people aren't responding or arguing with them, they're just trashing and making all these weird accusations. I can not WAIT for it to all be done!!!! Its like people lose their minds, and just get so blinded by what they want to believe and anyone who doesn't believe that way is dirt. I don't really know who will win, but I Just wanted to join your rant! :D

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Politics is such a nasty business now. Be glad when it's over for this year. I guess Obama will win, but not with my vote. Not worth getting nasty over, he is an honest fellow. Not all my views, but still a decent guy. I don't read some blogs now(family) because of the nasty dirty politics, but either way, the country will be fine. Oh by the way HI all, Taj is cute with short hair. Brian

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Politics is such a nasty business now. Be glad when it's over for this year. I guess Obama will win, but not with my vote. Not worth getting nasty over, he is an honest fellow. Not all my views, but still a decent guy. I don't read some blogs now(family) because of the nasty dirty politics, but either way, the country will be fine. Oh by the way HI all, Taj is cute with short hair. Brian

kelly said...

well i am thinking obama will win but not with my vote either, i think everyone just wants someone young and new without doing all the research. i can't wait for it to be over either though, i want to watch something else on the today show besides the election. It is important for our country for each of us to vote though.
as far as Napoleon i think it is just because of that halloween now people see napolean, it's kind of funny.

kelly said...

oh and i forgot, i love the zoo and magic house and miss them, my kids are a little big to want to go anymore but they are so great. the kids loved the city museum too. i know we have the beaches and all but i really miss some great things in stl.

Unknown said...

OBAMA will be our next president. So sorry about the Taj nap thing. Totally sucks! I can't get my baby to sleep at night. Do you feel sorry for me?

Michael said...

I'm with you. There's no need to get mean and nasty. It'll be nice when it's all over. ...and HI!!

Bowdens said...

I hate this whole election too. We have family members who are so nasty to each other. I think it's ruining one couple's marriage right now. And it's so lame! I agree...they don't know these people. Plus, it's not like the President makes all the decisions. I don't really care who wins...just as long as it's over.

Emily said...

I don't even care who wins anymore. I can't wait to stop hearing about it EVERYWHERE. I'm going to flip my lid soon, I just know it. I'll cast my vote and pray for the best. What else can we do? NOTHING!

ashley said...

i hate election stuff right now too. hate it. i almost don't want to vote....
that is such a cool picture with your belly, so cool.

Samantha said...

Hate politics. I am not voting just to prove how much I hate it.

Those pictures looks familiar. Hmmm...

I love Taj's hair. Yes, I have said it before and will say it again. I love looking at a little Ben!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I LOVE Taj's hair too. He looks so cute that way.

I almost stopped following politics completely after the nominees for each party were decided. I think I'd be more bothered by everything if I lived near home because members of the family have very opposite views from each other... I think the thing that bothers me most, though, is the slimeballs that politicians can be, just like you said. I feel like I'm choosing between a slimeball that shares my views and a slightly nicer more polite guy that doesn't.

Looks like Obama will win, but I'm not conceding until election day!

Here's a funny story for everyone:

"While teaching my cute primary class yesterday,
I asked the kiddos how was the trunk-or-treat? and what was their favorite candy?
They all spoke at once in excitement! Then Michelle Haddock raised her hand (like she always does)
and said (with not as much excitement) "we got to choose 5 pieces of candy, then my dad took all the rest.
He said it was something to do with the Obama tax."

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I totally agree on the politics thing. Take my brother for instance. We had a conversation that ended up sour over this whole dumb thing. Who cares enough to push themselves and their candidate on their family member (friend) enough to ruin a day together? Sheesh!

You look soooo cute! and what a great museum you guys have there. I take it, it was pj night or something for the kids? Super fun!

And about Taj's naps....I couldn't let Cade give up his naps so I've pushed through and he's napping now in his bed ONLY because I have to take ALL his toys and books out of the room, unscrew the light bulb, and sometimes lock the door. If not, he'll flip on the light and play for hours! When this baby comes, I want naps for us all!!!!

emilymhjohnson said...

Ok, sorry to join the rant when all you asked for was a name (Obama), but HELLO! Whoever was the source of that horrible Proposition 8 prophet standing on the wall email SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!! I don't care who reads this and is offended, that is soooooo over the line. Last time I checked membership in the church does not make membership in the republican party compulsory. It is absolutely appalling that people feel it is appropriate to use religion to manipulate others into making political decisions. Ever heard of agency people? That's right. It applies to everything - even politics. Yeesh.

Ben said...

Who will win?

Obama

cause he's not an old fart robot, but that's my opinion on who i think will win. nothing more.

I love you all, and I'll love you more Nov 5th regardless of all this rigamoral.