Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Friends FORRREVVVVEERRR


Our friends Emily & Matt... some of the coolest people ever. I grew up with Emily, but when she married Matt it got even better! Matt & Ben get along so well & are the best of friends. We were so lucky to have them in Chicago at the same time as us, but we've been counting down the days until they move back to St.Louis & the time has finally come! As if they weren't already the best, amazing, kind, fun, creative, genuine, wonderful, perfect, talented, hilarious, intelligent, incredible people & friends ever, they went even further & decided on where in Stl to move to based on us. So now they are just right down the street in walking distance! Now there is true loyalty. So this post is to some of the best friends ever & a warm welcome to them in St.Louis! We are so glad you are finally here!!!!


How do you cure a flea infested house, cat & dog!!!???

10 comments:

Eli said...

Thanks. It's good to be here.

emilymhjohnson said...

We love you guys too! ("Hats off to the Katzoffs" as my Dad would say!) And I was thinking... Seeing as how you love us so much and we live so close, could I just have your new baby?

Think about it.
X

Leslie said...

So, I'm pretty jealous. Why don't I ever get to live by you guys! Oh right,... Paul's from Idaho. I'll have to settle for 2 week visits 2x a year if I'm lucky. Booo. That's so fun that she got a house down the street. You guys have the best set up, ever! By family & by friends.

Chris said...

Ahh - you are so cute!
I miss you too! Man - We gotta sneak in another play time somewhere!

Aim said...

Welcome home Emily and Matt! Maybe you can now keep Ben and Denae in line. :) Don't know when will be back to visit the Lou, hopefully soon@

Unknown said...

sounds like we've been replaced. Oh well, we were getting kind of sick of ya. jk. I'm so glad that your friends have chosen to live by ya. Just don't forget about us while you are worshipping at their feet. jk again. man I'm full of them today. Must be the fact that I just fed four kids all the food in my house and cleaned it all up in a matter of an hour. Cleaning up entailed cleaning ketchup off the ceiling and every other surface in the kitchen. Puts ya in a great mood.

Joan said...

That is so rad! Seriously amazing friends and now neighbors you've got there.
Matt and I are already friends b/c anyone who wears a neon, pom-pom ski hat is a-okay in my book.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Get a flae collar for Ben! haha, jk, flea collers for your pets, after you shampoo them with flea bath, then vacuum every where, and throw out the bag every time. Good luck on that process, it takes a while. Brian

betsy said...

Wow, we should move on your street too. Oh wait, we're not that good of friends... :)
Don't use any flea treatment that comes from a store like Walmart or Target. Get Advantix from your vet. That works great! We have been flea-free for like 15 years.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm glad you have such a good friend right there to help you thru your pregnancy and new baby. YAY !!

As for the flea infested house, I have a couple ideas, but to buffer it you need to know that it is so cold here that fleas aren't a big problem unless someone moves here from like California and brings them in on their pets.

We always have our pets wear flea collars - we change them every 3 months or so. I know it isn't that desireable to have flea killer around babies and little guys, but I don't know any other way to keep them off the pets.

The other thing that works is to vacuum all the time, over and over like every day for a few days - floors, furniture, beds, etc.

Also you have to do at least one giant day of laundry where you wash all the bedding and curtains and such. You have to do it all at once so they don't just hop from one piece of fabric to another.

I know that to treat lice, we had to take all the stuffed animals and put them in plastic bags for like 6 weeks to suffocate the lice. I imagine fleas are the same. Good luck !!! Love you, Charlotte