Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Would you like that LAMEnated?

So we just finished reading the entire Harry Potter series TOGETHER. How cheesy is that!?!? Out loud! Oh gosh I'm going to puke. It was really an accidental thing that got out of control. We were going on a road trip a couple years back & someone said we should read the 1st Harry Potter & although we'd tried to avoid them it did look like a quick read & we really had no reason not to. After that we just kept reading & last night number 7 was officially finished out loud. Shame, shame, shame! When did we become such losers?
Here are some pictures of us doing some so NOT lame stuff this last week. A Cardinal's game (oh yes, the 2006 World Champs) & the zoo...





Okay, so I have no idea how to rotate the video (help please!) but it's really cute, so it's getting posted anyway.

Harry Potter, overrated or worth the hype?

14 comments:

ashley said...

h.p.- wouldn't know. fefuse to read or watch it!

love the videos! and if you find out how to rotate them let me know!

Steph said...

I went to all the midnight release parties for HP...even dragged Ben...he loved that. We can all heart Harry together and be loosers.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm glad you are teaching Taj about goat care - when you guys show up for emergency living, we'll turn them over to him. hehehe

Harry Potter is not LAME !!! we are so addicted. after book 3 we all ordered our own copies so that we wouldn't have to wait for the first reading - and we are really fast readers, so the wait would have been like 2 days or until the other person slept.

when we were in Hawaii for graduation, one of the books came out and i had pre-ordered copies to be sent to our house, but brian went down opening day, in honolulu, and stood in line to get himself a copy and then he holded up in front of air conditioning - in the hotel and car- and read it straight thru.

We were driving all over the big island - once in a lifetime trip - 385 degrees - surface of the sun hot - and he's huddled in the front seat in front of the air conditioner reading and missing all the scenery and i was hunched in the back, roasting and trying to see out the little side window.

NOT A pleasant trip - but it was a really good book.

One other time we went to Hawaii - i was diagnosed with medication induced hepatitis and a new harry book came out and i laid on the couch and the lanai of our condo for 4 days and read. Brian got so mad that i couldn't go do things, but we didn't know yet that medication had caused the hepatitis and if it was lupus caused, the doctor said it would die in like a month, so i was taking it very carefully.

Anyway, we have read harry potter outloud together on road trips and we watch and own all the moviess and we each have our own copies of all the books.

Brian enjoys it because, coming from the house of Slytherin, he doesn't have many people he can share his warped sense of right and wrong with... so he enjoys hanging with snape and malfoy. but don't tell him i said anything. Charlotte

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I am afraid I have some bad news, Charlotte IS the HEIR of Salazar Slitherin! She is slitherin to the core. Brian(Griffendor) Carper

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Slitherin to the core doesn't even Rhyme. What kind of a lying slanderous insult is that ???

The truth is: Charlotte is Griffendor to the Core

and Brian is a Slythering Slug.

Joan said...

There is nothing lame about reading the Harry Potters out loud. I think you are cute.
As for the video...it is so funny to finally hear your voice. I don't know what I expected (high pitch, low pitch, squeeky, etc). But now that I've heard your voice I feel like I can honestly say I legitimately know you. haha.

Molly Malia said...

used to be totally against it until jord started watching it... then when there is nothing else to do you sit and watch... i'll watch, but i won't read... only losers do that! ha hey mister quote, didn't mean to bag on ya... you know i love you cousin.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I love the Harry Potter series...we are reading the....out loud....right now! Although, I've already read them to myself...I was a Harry junkie...like, I preordered my books long before they made it to the book store! I think it's great....

betsy said...

Sorry, Denae, I'm not with you guys on the Harry Potter trend. But its just like anything else, if you get into it you really have to get into it!
As far as sideways videos - I have too many. I have since learned to always record horizontally.

emilymhjohnson said...

Excuse me, Harry Potter? Lame? Those two things are not allowed to be in the same sentence together. Harry is my secret boyfriend. You know I kick everyone's ace at Potter trivia. And have I played the Harry Potter song we recorded for you yet?

"Lame." Pshht. Please. If you're NOT into it you are lame. Spread the word to all the non-believers about the gospel according to Harry. It will change your life! :o)

Anonymous said...

Weren't you guys living above me when I went to work as "Carrie Potter" for the first movie release. Let's talk about lame :)

And let's not even go to reliving 18 years ago by buying New Kids tickets yesterday. I don't mean to make this a competition, but I think I could be winning in the Lameness Dept.

Poe said...

I'm so glad that I let you borrow my books so that you could make fun of them. Harry means so much to me. Not just Harry, the whole gang have been there for me through thick and thin. I love them dearly and they will be missed. J.K. Rowling...please another series! and p.s. my son does look like me and I don't care that you don't think so although I do die a little inside everytime you say that I don't.

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter is SOOOO not lame. The only people who think so are the ones who haven't read the books. I can drag Chris to the movies and he seems to enjoy them a little more every time, but I can't get him to read the books. Even though they are SO good! He prefers to read James Bond. I'm sorry, who is lame?

So I'm right there with you, I admit though, I am often reluctant to admit what a big fan I am because it is considered to be a bit dorky for someone our age. :0)

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

You have to rotate the video in edit before you publish it...at least on my computer. I love the harry potter books. Todd reads them too, but we do not read aloud together! I used to read more serious minded literature, but to unwind after the kids are in bed I like a good series that is engaging and light hearted.