Okay, so I'm getting lectured again on giving too much info out there on the internet. 1st of all I guess it's an issue that I used my last name in my web address (trying to be simple, geeze!). 2ndly apparently I shouldn't say where I live (so from now on if you don't know where we are I guess you'll have to email me). Finally I guess I'm just too open with my family's names & pictures & stuff. (Thanks for the concern though to those who are... Love you)
Am I really just not paranoid enough??? Truly though, there is a lot that comes up now since I started a blog. A lot of friends put peoples' 1st & last names on their lists of friends' blogs, so apparently that & anytime someone mentioned your name also comes up when googling someone. So really now, I can't go through & try to disappear everywhere & clean it all up.
So is just going private the way?? And if not, why?
6 comments:
I wouldn't go private because then it doesn't show up in my google reader...you actually have to click on the link!!! :) But I understand if you do and why people do...just creates one more step in my personally blogging updates! :) LOVES
I don't think privacy is the way to go. I mean, there are so many ways now that people can get information that it really is more work to me to keep it secure that it is in safety payoff. I don't think its worth it, all the veiled comments and no names and stuff. That's just my opinion though. Lots of work, and still doesn't keep you any safer, in my opinion.
NO! Don't do it. Paranoia is a silly waste of time. Take simple, necessary precautions but don't go hide in a box b/c "something might happen." You know?
I agree with that Clark girl, Alicia. She is always so smart. She must have had a brilliant mom who raised her right. I can tell these things.
We CAN"T give in to the insanity. Yeah, if you google us, all of our posts show up. Just don't say anything about how your boss is a jerk or your company is full of crooks or something like that. Companies do check your blogs before they hire you.
That's the only thing I worry about in blogging. Any information anyone wants to find can be found anywhere on the internet. I say put your energy into your life and enjoy. Don't take my last name off your blog.
The funny thing is, we live in a really really small town in a big house and I think everyone in town knows it's us - so if a bad guy came to town he could find us pretty easy - but we have such a big open front yard, we could spot him before he spotted us.
But those that live in a big city, where you are lucky if anyone on your block even knows you exist, let alone who you are, everyone has to be all parnoid and scared that someone is going to find out who you are.
Here in the country, we like people to know who we are. I guess it is just city/country mouse difference.
Stay who you are. We love you for your open-ness and your ability to bond with so many people around the world. Love, Charlotte
if someone wants to find you, they will. private or not. probably a waste of time.
Going Private is just a way of saying that you think you are THAT important that strangers would want to read your blog... You are already so super famous that I'm surprised the Paparazzi aren't already surrounding your neighborhood.
Post a Comment