One cool dude
I’m in a bit of a reflective mood at the moment. I've been thinking about the past a lot lately. It's so strange to think of all the stages & phases of life we go through. There are so many for everyone. It seems like every move & every year brings a new one & I get my heart invested in each of them. I'm not sure that's a good habit to have gotten into. I kind of think maybe I love people too much. I know it sounds like I’m trying to give myself a sneaky compliment, but really I think it’s a flaw. It honestly takes a lot for me to really trust & get to the point of really feeling close & connected to a person, but once I feel that way towards them it takes a lot for it to go away too. I guess it comes down to I don’t let go of people easily. There are lots people from my past that time & circumstances have obviously made us grow apart & we aren’t part of each others’ lives anymore. That’s how life goes, but it's like every one else is okay with this but me. I still miss them & love them years down the line it seems they’ve moved on. I didn’t think I was this much of a mush ball & it makes me feel abnormal. So to those I love, I love you FOREVER!Who have you lost, that you miss & love still?
11 comments:
Hey there --- Having a giveaway on my blog ---
Check it out!
chris-stokes.blogspot.com
Chris!
Pass it on!
I've been thinking about this same topic lately, and thinking how messed up about it I am for the same reason. I have a former friend, that I was friends with for about 10 years, we had a big fight, and now we don't speak, and its been 4 years, but I still think about her all the time, and feel sad that I can't share this new phase of my life with her. But then I think - for crying out loud its been 4 years, get over it. But still I just don't seem able to, even knowing we've both changed, I still miss being close to her.
Oh, also, Taj has the cutest smile! I notice that everytime I see a picture of him, he's got so much personality, you can just see it shining out of him. Cute! Hope you're both doing good. :) Oh, and I was watching a think the other day about Beach Patrols or seomthing like that, and they were in Hawaii, and the road right outside of Waimea had had a bunch of boulders collapse onto it so the road was shut down. Brought back a lot of hawaii memories for me! Alicia
Denae, I am so much like you in that respect! I form friends for life and hate it that things have to change with friendships.
There are too many people that I miss to name! But I will do a few. Even though this wasn't what you were talking about, I miss my grandmother. Her birthday was 2 days after mine, so I always think about her around this time. I miss John, the guy who introduced me to the Church. We actually got back in touch 2 years ago but I haven't heard from him for over a year now. I would love to know how the missionaries who baptized me are doing, and there was this other guy I was really close friends with whom I miss and wish I could talk to him again.
Funny how most of the people are male!
once i lost my virginity, but i don't really miss it.
;)
your onesie is on my etsy.
love ya.
Denae don't think you are abnormal for investing your heart into a good friend. I think that is what we are supposed to do. Yeah, time changes a lot, we lose some things but we gain things too. Don't stop the love! I love you forever too.
I miss Dudley and Dave.
was my comment inappropriate? every one is all sentimental, and then, well, sorry!
Whoa, loaded question. I think I'll pass on that one for now.
ps: I think your ability to love is a total strength. Hold on to it and don't resent it...after all that is the other thing we can take with us after this life: relationships, love, our experiences. Right?
the ONLY thing..not the "other" thing...
I've told you about mine...I think. I have realized this about you and I think it's great. It sucks when you invest a lot of time in to someone and you really have lot's of memories together and then you just drift apart. It means that whole chunk of your life seems to be gone. By the way...the song is "If I could save time in a bottle." Sorry, maybe now I'm one of those friends you wouldn't mind drifting from. hehe
k, i totally would have to say Melissa Pollard! I love that girl and now we just don't talk, I know she is on facebook and I just need to make more of an effort. I woud also say Dan, one of my old boyfriends. He loved to sing to me and write me beautiful love songs. I wouldn't trade anyone for Thomas though, he is the best boy that ever lived. Miss you!
UMA and my dave...
non-replaceable
Post a Comment