Monday, April 21, 2008
What about when your all isn't enough?
First of all on a light note... my friends are amazing. Everywhere I go (St.Louis, Chicago, Hawaii) I have been blessed with the most incredible, true, life long friends & they continue to amaze me. For my birthday I got calls & emails from people that I haven't talked to in really so long, but they still remember to let me know they love me. They are above & beyond me that is for sure. But I truly do love my friends so much & would give anything in the world for them. I love their happiness & their joys & my heart really does break when they hurt. I would give anything if I could fix it even a little. I have a sweet friend that is going through more in this world than anyone ever should. She is hurting in ways that I can't imagine & that I can't stop. There is nothing I can do. It's stronger than me. Really all I can do is hold her & cry with her, but I can't fix it. I feel so helpless. She's so broken & all I can do is sit & wish for peace & comfort. It makes everything else seem so stupid & trivial. Honestly, I am with her in every way possible & my heart is so sad. There is not a part of me that isn't thinking about her all the time. Why would we be put here to help each other if we can't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
first off- happy birthday!!! hope you had a great day!
second about your friend, that is really sad and i know how you feel about wishing that there was something that you could do that would make it all better. we were put here to help each other, that is totally true and your friend is so luck to have you there with her. i have a few friends right now i wish i could do the same for, some crazy stuff happens. but we were also put here to go through trials and some tough crap. it sucks, but that is how we grow. there are some terrible things that happen to wonderful people, but that is what makes them who they are and helps us want to become better.
ok, it's late and i am going to stop my soap box...love you!
It is enough. What you are doing for your friend is enough. She could be going through all of this alone, yet she has a good friend like you. We aren't meant to fix everyone's problems, but we can lift others up to help them just get through it.
Just keep doing what you are doing. Let me know if I can help you help your friend.
oh crap! your b-day was yesterday...man guess i'm not on the good list now! :)
you are a great friend and i guess all i know is that you can only do so much...the rest is in the big guys hands--as hard as that can be when we are wanting trials to be over!
love you.
Denae, you are great. I am sure that you are making the situation a lot easier on your friend. Imagine what she would do without your care and support? You're amazing and don't forget that. You do so much for everyone around you.
Denae, I know how you are with friends because I happen to be one of yours. You are doing all you can. I know it because I've seen you. You've been an example to me of what friends should be like. Just keep doing what your doing. Your the best.
Denae - I think we can all relate to this situation even if it's only on a smaller scale. And I know what you mean, what can I do when there's nothing else TO do? I've thought about this and my conclusion is that there is honor in fighting a losing battle. Would there be a need for God if we could fix all our problems ourselves? But when there's no hope of changing anything, no matter how often you call or how much you pray or how completely you are there for her, and you keep trying anyway... That means something. Love is never wasted. What you send out can only augment the good in the world, regardless of whether or not it's obvious to you. Hang in there sister! I love you! She's so lucky to have you around.
Oh dear...I missed it...in fact, I had NO idea I missed it...regardless, Happy Birthday.
Life is about struggle. Struggle yields growth, empathy, and ultimately a greater understanding of our Creator.
Your friend is blessed to have you.
I don't have the words or advice to give you. You are a sweetheart and a good soul. I'll refer to my favorite quote:
"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help fom both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike-- and they will-- you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
You and your dear friend have help, support and prayers on both sides of the veil. You are doing your part, and you are doing enough.
love you cuz... you are a great person... so smile!
HEY - former birthday girl....
Your all is ALWAYS ENOUGH - and 99.99999999999% of the time, even a little of someone is ENOUGH.
You're a great person - you really are. Your love of others shines through and is there for all to partake of and share.
I learned while being a compassionate service leader a long time ago, that just sitting with someone and bearing part of the weight is the MOST that we can do. Remember the Savior, in the Garden - all He asked of his friends was that they sit with Him while he went thru his trials. It is the greatest gift we can give our friends and loved ones.
LOVE YOU GUYS - Charlotte
Happy Birthday! Great month, right?
Post a Comment