Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Love, love, love

Family time


Loving a yard

Beautiful scenery

And St.Louis. I don't think we can pretend that we are ecstatic to be here, but it definitely does have good things that make it worth it & honestly time has gone by faster here than anywhere else.
Having grown up here we had no plans to come back. There's nothing new for us to see or learn & really there isn't much excitement & we're definitely not into typical suburban life. Also, a lot of times we feel like we're teenagers again here & life has changed a lot since then.
But had we never lived here before we would probably like it a lot. It really is so so pretty. It still amazes me sometimes. It's sooooo green & hilly. And St.Louis people really are very down to earth & kind (for the most part) & they're nice drivers! There are also a million things for families to do. If you want a nice, suburban family-raising life, it's ideal. Perfect.
And it is all worth it for us because we really do have so many good things to make it perfect. There have been people here we've missed so much & it's wonderful to be close to them again. We love being close to my family & getting to know the grandbabies. Also, living literally feet from some of our best friends that have a boy 4 days older than Taj is a dream. The boys just run to each other's houses as soon as they get loose.
We've met so many great people & have had great jobs. Our neighbors are amazing & so tight knit, it's unheard of. We love our house & being able to go to sleep at night to silence & darkness. It's great to be able to afford a house & drive right to where you're going & avoid the cold & to park for free. & most of all, it's just nice to slow down for a minute. Ice cream shops in the summer are lovely & it is perfect having a yard & BBQs. There really are so many more simple things that we appreciate here & that make St.Louis a great place.
Suburbs, country, or city??

11 comments:

Joan said...

That's a tough one...I think that's why I like Phoenix so much. I live in the suburbs but only 15 minutes (without traffic) to down town Phoenix. I can drive about fifteen minutes (in a different direction, of course) and find myself on a horse ranch. Ahh, the best of all worlds :)

Anonymous said...

I grew up in small towns, so I kind of feel like I'm done with them-- I'm a city gal. With the exception of 2, I don't really like any of the Chicago suburbs and since I'm most likely not going to have kids, I can live where I want in the city and not worry about school districts and whatnot. This could all change in 20 years when I'm sick of the hustle and bustle and just want to spend time gardening. Then again, I might just head to my favorite spot in Mexico at that point.

Molly Malia said...

having grown up in the 'country' i would like nothing more then to be back there. i loved it and it was nice to be away from everything and just have the beach and my bike. but now living at a faster pace it has become nice to have everything close by... but i would choose country over it all... its worth it i think. but ultimately i think that everyone should experience it all.

Samantha said...

I think I would love living where my parents do if the people were nicer and the Church stronger.

And when did Taj turn 2? News to me!

I was going to invite him over, but forget it. Keep your germs at your house!!!!

Our son Kade said...

I want to be in the country, but I have to be able to drive to the city in a reasonable amount of time, like 3-5 hours. Plus I need to be able to be on the internet, so I can shop. :) Alicia

Oh, ps, I like the new background! and it snowed 3 inches this afternoon here - BOO! :)

Steph said...

Hmmmm it may be nice there but after a month in Hawaii, I can see why you are nostalgic to go back and for ever leaving! Ahhhhhh, I sent my love from you to the ocean...it really is a magical place huh!

Joan said...

Sorry my page takes forever to upload?! I don't know what to tell you...I asked a friend if it took forever for her and she said no...so maybe it depends on the computer or something? I'm not super knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. Sorry...

Megan said...

Oh the burbs! Or at least the one I live in. I like the quiet and easy access to all I need. But then again, I live Sparks/Reno, and I'm pretty sure this place doesn't even have a city center. The whole thing is a suburb.

The Wehrmeister's said...

Adam said he wants a farm. But since there aren't any farms in West County by his Dad's office, I doubt that that will ever happen.

ashley said...

can you mix country and suburb? for a little more conventice than a 45 min drive to costco and planning your week around going to wal-mart?

great posts about where you have lived, too.

and working on a shirt for t-man.

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Can't I have it all? I grew up in a tiny vineyard town, but close to San Francisco. Have lived in Chicago for the majority of married life, but now want the burbs! I never thought I would want to leave the city, but now I can't wait! I've gone country mouse!