
Some of my loves that I'm lucky enough to have pictures of to post...
of course there are oh so many more missing!



I'm hoping this doesn't come across sounding rude (that's never a good way to start something), but I'm really picky about my good friends. I've realized that I'm no longer in high school & don't need to be best friends with everyone or to just be friends with someone for the sake of having a friend & that it's okay & actually good to be alone sometimes. I'm worth that. People that I'm close to should be people that make me feel good & that make me want to be a better person. They should be people that I'm proud to be associated with & that I trust with me & that truely love & care about me. Through this process I've really been so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life. People that I'm truly inspired by & want to be like. Not to say that I'm all of these things to people, but I sure try now so that I'm a "worth it friend".
On this note I have a little rant... sorry. Upon moving to new environments & then back to where I grew up it amazes me that some people still haven't figured this out (people that are a lot older than me even) & that I managed to make it out of here with some self esteem still intact! I'm glad I have figured this out because it's helped me to avoid this, but still I’ve met so many people that think its okay to say mean things to people if they’re mad & that is just the way a friendship is supposed to be. And I'm finding more and more people that are just kind of snotty. Isn't that one of the 1st things we're taught? There is no one that is less important than you & to be nice all the time whether or not someone is "cool" at the moment. It just amazes me that there are so many people out there like this & they have no idea they are! I'm just a little frustrated at the moment. Too many good people get hurt. I miss the nice world!
p.s. It snowed ALL day Easter!!! What the!?
What makes your amazing friends amazing?
12 comments:
Snow? What?!?! That is so odd?
Okay, so I would like to say, "Amen" to your post. I entirely agree. I find myself to be in the "pleaser" category and sometimes I go out of my way to be nice/keep in touch with people just to be "nice." I guess that's okay...but it can get out of hand and well, you know...distract from the people that really matter.
How is it that I don't even know you really...but I feel like I do? Like, when we come stay with you guys (you said we could, right?---gosh, now I'm feeling insecure about whether or not you said that! haha)...anyway, when we do visit I already feel totally comfortable about it...like I'm not nervous about hanging out with you guys...I know we will get along SO well. I hope this is a mutual feeling?!?! I mean, you have to like me. Haha...well, no one sends two pair of the CUTEST brown Converse to me for my two boys unless they like me, right? Well, maybe it's b/c you like Brandon? haha...whatever.
my amazing friends are amazing because they post way too many fugly pictures of me on their blog.
i'm sorry, did you want a real answer to that question? i love you denae. you are amazing cause you are real. i like to keep company of people that are fierce.
Amazing friends to me are the ones that know what's going on with me, without me having to say anything, and sometimes they know what's going on with me before I figure that out. Also, I can say anything to them, and its not the end of the friendship. My pet peeve - oh yeah we can talk about anything, but when you do, they get mad and disappear. Oh well. Good question. :) What are you guys doing to deserve all that snow??? :D
Amazing friends to me are the ones who accept you for who you are and love you no matter what. I also think its about respect...having enough respect for yourself that you can be a true friend to someone else. Does that make sense? Friendships are a two way street and I think its important to surround yourself with people who get that and aren't just self-absorbed. And, true friendships are the kind where you can be away from each other for months and they suddenly see each other and pick up right where you left off. You are a true friend miss Denae and I love you!
Hi Denae! So I somehow found my way to Betsy's blog and from there found yours. Your look happy and sound as vibrant as ever! What in the world are you doing in Missouri? Best--Megan (Peterson) Romo
I'LL BE THERE THE 8TH THRU THE 17TH - SO I'LL BE AROUND FOR A FEW DAYS WHILE YOUR THERE...
Can I be your friend? :)
loads of great memories and laughter.
{keep posting all the great pictures of my sister... }
oh, and when are you coming out here?
good friends are people who make you laugh super hard and don't care if you snort on occasion.
thanks for telling people about my stuff! i don't think anyone got any shirts, but keep the referals comin! your the best!
Sorry this is late, but... You are an amazing friend because you have enough confidence to say what you really think and feel - it seems to be such a rare gift and I love that about you! And I also love that it means I'm free to do the same. A friendship where you can't say "Omg that is the ugliest kid I have ever seen!" is really no friendship at all. :o)
Welcome to the world of dealing with my siblings... I still hope and wish everyday that they will GO SOMEWHERE OUTSIDE OF COLORADO and gain a little perspective. Sometimes I want to plant them in the middle of Russia and see how many people they offend. :0)
Post a Comment