So there’s a song “say what you need to say” by John Mayer that made me want to write. While I’m really not a big fan of his (just had to throw that in), I’m with him on this one to almost choking up. I'm not the most eloquent writer, so bear with me. It’s honestly kind of the mantra I try to keep for life. I’m definitely not always a good example of this, but I think it is so important for people to say what’s in their hearts & on their minds because you never know when the moment will come again. There’s just too much bad stuff out there. We need to spread more good stuff even if it may hurt & make you feel like an idiot at first. I think in the long run there shouldn't be any regret though. As long as it isn’t hurting someone then really is it not worth it to have it out there? To never have to wonder if it could have made a difference. Not just about saying how much you love someone (although that's definitely a huge part), but whatever it is that is scary. You miss them, you need them, you're hurt, you are sorry. They’re the emotions that make life meaningful, so why ignore them? “it’s better to say too much, than never to say what you need to say again” Thanks John.
Say What you Need to Say by John Mayer
Take all of your wasted honor.
Every little past frustration.
Take all of your so called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations.
Say what you need to say
Walking like a one man army,
Fighting with the shadows in your head.
Living up the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead
If you could only...
Say what you need to say
Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over.
You better know that in the end
It's better to say too much,
It's better to say too much,
than never to say what you need to say again.
Even if your hands are shaking,
And your faith is broken.
Even as the eyes are closing,
Do it with a heart wide open.
Say what you need to say Say what you need to, Say what you need to...
Is there a song that inspires your mantra??
12 comments:
L.O.V.E.D this post Denae!!! Actually as I was thinking of how to respond I decided I will make a post soon with the long "comment" I want to leave. Natasha Bedingfield "unwritten" inspires my mantra..."I am who I am".
I was here!!!!!!!!
Great blog Denae. Do you have a pic of Tajjy and I???? I need representation. :)
xx Dawn
You know...I just can't think of a song right now. In fact I read your post earlier today and held off on leaving a comment just sure that I would come up with something meaningful. Sorry to disappoint.
Sooo, totally signed both AD petitions. You are awesome for providing me with the links. Thanks.
Ps...I am so excited to meet you. I think it is awesome that we are getting to know each other through the "blog vine." haha I'm such a geek.
ps...I am totally planning to do the whole "tag" post...just gimme some time, okay? lol.
Hmmm.. Maybe "I Don't Want to live on the Moon" sung by Ernie.
I agree with it all. I'd love to visit the moon, go in the sea, zoom on a rocket ship, but at the end of the day I want to be just where I am... at home with my monsters
"Our House" and "Teach your children well" by Crosby, stills and Nash .... okay, I am dating myself here a bit. Also, "The Dance" and "If tomorrow never comes" "Against the grain" all by Garth Brooks.
I guess that isn't one mantra, but I have more than one personality and I gave them each a vote. Charlotte
oh man - way to many here - I think i would have to list the soundtrack of my life and we just do not have time for that now do we... I have always been a lover of music of all kinds - ask Poe they used to think I was weird and my husband still thinks I'm weird -- My brain is just always singing the song of the moment - and that is how I roll... I think I have passed this on to my children - they are music lovers as well I think from the womb... Thanks for all the thoughtful questions - I think I've thanked you before - but it really does get me thinking.. Cute girl!
By the way not a huge john mayer fan either - but downloaded this song today & it is a good one - thanks denae...
That is a great song and it's something that you do live by. You've always been more generous with your true feelings than me. I aspire to do better. Bytheway I don't really know what "ispires my mantra" means. Help me out here.
I have no song at the moment but AD does inspire me...alot. :.( I signed the petitions by the way.
I don't think I have one song that is a mantra for me. Usually if I'm having a bad day its "How does it feel" by Blue monday/Orgy. Or, just on general days lately I've been really enjoying Better Days by googoo dolls. :) I can't think of a mantra though right now.
Love, "Come Thou Fount" that song means so much to me. I seriously cry everytime I hear it, I love it. I also love mine and Tommy's song, "Closer to You" by The Wallflowers. It rocks.
Oh.My.Gosh! Do you remember me??? Natalie Norton! Oh I'm so happy to see you two!
Post a Comment