It’s just been a party lately around here. When Ben’s brother Isaac moved in with us 2 months ago we knew we were going to have fun because we love him, but we had no idea we were going to enjoy it THIS much & be so sad to see him go. He's helped us remember that we're still young & we've been turning into a little bit of boring losers. We’ve been having so much fun just hanging out talking & watching “Arrested Development”. It’s nice to have another conversationalist around and somehow he's gotten us relaxed & not stressing out about life. That's just how he rolls. I’m not sure Isaac’s loving living with a married couple & a baby, but its sure added some needed things to our lives.
And Ben & Ike’s cousin Jeremy from New Zealand came in to add to the gathering for a bit. He’s been literally traveling the world for the last 2 years, so now we get to hear all his exciting stories about that! He’s the coolest kid. Quite the fun guy!
Both Ike & Jeremy are leaving this week though to keep traveling. It’s going to be so lonely to be back to just the 3 of us. I guess we’ll adjust though & enjoy getting back to underwear days again.
And Ben & Ike’s cousin Jeremy from New Zealand came in to add to the gathering for a bit. He’s been literally traveling the world for the last 2 years, so now we get to hear all his exciting stories about that! He’s the coolest kid. Quite the fun guy!
Both Ike & Jeremy are leaving this week though to keep traveling. It’s going to be so lonely to be back to just the 3 of us. I guess we’ll adjust though & enjoy getting back to underwear days again.
What's been the best or the worst guest you've had?
7 comments:
LOVE this post. As for me not having your blog on my "friends and family" list: major oversight! My deepest apologies...no seriously. Especially considering the matching Converse for my boys is about the coolest baby gift ever! You should be at the tip top of the friends list (and you are)...well, you know what I mean. Thanks to blogger you are half way down or so b/c your last name starts with a "K." ps..me and B's favorite tv shows of all time are Arrested D and The Office. We just have so much in common :)
YOU! It was so good to have had you come out here but so sad when you left :(
My sister and mother are my favorite guests. My mother, because she helps with everything and I don't have to ask. And My sister Mel, cause she's my sister. It makes me think I am young and single again when I get to play with her.
got one, but i can't tell. not you or betsy though... don't worry guys.
When we first moved into this house, we had this friend come to stay while he looked for a job and house and he stayed a couple weeks and then went and got his wife to move her down here. They are nice people, but very different from us and the guy doesn't believe in wearing clothes or underwear in the house. And he likes to eat whatever was left over from dinner in the middle of the night.
so after dinner, you just leave everything on the counter and then at some point in the night, he would come upstairs and eat it, but you never knew if he was going to be wearing clothes or going au natural. (fortuneately, Sis and I never saw him naked, we would have been scarred for life).
anyway, they had been here a couple weeks and I was down stairs sewing because we had a holiday at work, and the 2 of them came in from running some errands and he got his stuff and said good-bye to her and said he would see her in about 6 weeks.
MY EYEBALLS POPPED OUT OF MY HEAD!!! No one had said ANYTHING about them living with us for 6 weeks more. I tried to hide my surprise (and dismay) and wish him well in finding work.
So it turns out, she had pneumonia and couldn't work or find a house until she was healed and at the same time, Alicia's best friend had really bad mono and someone had broken into their house and shot their TV while she was at the doctors and her parents were out of town for a couple weeks, so she came to live with us at the same time.
and I just walked around saying = I don't have an immune system, people, I don't have an immune system.... Charlotte
We had someone come to stay once that at the end of their stay they said, "I'd like to offer some comments on how you could improve the guest experience at your house", then they started listing the things they thought we could do better, and I was just thinking - this isn't a Holiday Inn, I'm not handing out comment cards!
Thanks for the pics of Ike and Jeremy and Tajjy!
~Dawn
Post a Comment