Friday, February 15, 2008

Show us your boobs!

So when I had Taj for the 1st time ever I started hearing about the clever idea of Hooter Hiders (the patented name for nursing covers). I thought they were genius! But of course the real deal is super expensive, so I have just been sewing them for fun for some friends thinking that I’m introducing everyone to this amazing idea that has just come about. And everyone already has one!!! I’m expecting great, astonished, so excited reactions, but not so much. Everyone has already had someone make them one! What’s going on? I’m so out of the loop that I’m the last to know about Hooter Hiders? So tell me now…

Who doesn’t already have a Hooter Hider???

9 comments:

The Wehrmeister's said...

I don't have one, but I prefer the exhibitionist route.
Jen
P.S. I have heard of them, but no one ever made me one or offered to make me one. So I think you are a great friend to do that for people.

Molly Malia said...

i don't, make me one please! thank you... haha, i saw the one that you made betsy and i loved it!

Leslie said...

Ha, I think I was the first one your made it for wasn't I? It has worked great for me. I had just heard of them when you gave me mine, and now everyone in our church building has one it seems like. EVERYone. Do you still get one day off during the week or should I be planning on seeing you on a night or a weekend?

Lant Family said...

I have heard of them. Our mothers group made them --it was soon after I had Lucy. I never really used mine because Lucy hated haveing anything over her. What a picky little girl. But I saw them here in Provo at a Kid to Kid store a lady makes them and brings them in for sale there. She was selling them for $30. But they were SO cute. Mine it terrible looking. My mom claims she taught be to sew but lets face it. I don't know how to. Plus the fabric I used wasn't very good. You can kinda see through it if a window is behind me. Not great.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I don't have one. I feel left out. Someday I'll have a hooter hider. =)

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Ummmm - we've never heard of them up here in Alaska, maybe Alicia will be able to need one someday - (nothing in the news about that subject yet). I'll let you know. I don't think I need one, but I'll let you know if that changes too. (Actually, if it turns out I need one you'll read about it in the national news... "Elderly Alaskan man kills wife." Hahahah. Charlotte

Bowdens said...

Ok Denae you are so funny! And yes, this is your long lost not-so-pregnant anymore Hawaiian friend!! I loved reading your last few posts tonight!! I must be out of it, because I don't have one of those hooter hider things, and I don't think I've seen one either! So, I say keep making them and people will come :)

Spiresfam said...

NO I have not ever heard of this product before and NO I will not show you my boobs!!!! Nice try Denae! :) Mark just said he will though!
I always used a blanket and kept thinking someone has to have made something to make this awkward situation less awkward. I'm glad to know someone has!
Oh and I am way impressed that you can make them! I need you to teach me how to sew!

Lindsay Bowen said...

I don't have one...but if I can look like her I might go ahead and get me one..even if I don't have a nursing baby! Hope all is well with you guys~Lindsay