Our hilarious neighbor dogs in Chicago, Gigi & Froo Froo Pants (our friends from Stl took this picture when they were on vacation there & saw funny dogs & had no idea we knew them)
Creepy, creepy, creepy. My friend at work has taken it upon himself to show me how naive I really am.
About a year ago he promised me he could find out my address on the internet. I wasn’t surprised when he came up with my myspace page (which this has inspired me to get rid of) & Ben’s family’s website, but as I suspected he couldn’t come up with my address. This made me happy. As time has gone by I occasionally remind him he failed, but apparently he hasn’t given up. I need to say he’s a sneaky, clever guy (yes you are frightening Nick!). So apparently he’s been continuing to work on this & through book marking my comments & finding my blog he figured out our neighbors’ names & found my address. Well he did have to go through a lot of effort though, so maybe I’m still safe.
So this inspired me to check it all out. When I google my name now so much info comes up. Since Google owns blogspot, blogs come up 1st in the search! It’s a bit scary. I guess I figured people would have to search a bit for my blog, but even if it’s set to private they can find me through other friends’ blogs because my name pops up there too. And here’s the kicker… now a page comes up that has my address, how much our house sold for, a floorplan of it, my parents’ names, anything you could want to know about our house & my bra size (maybe because I didn't use a Hooter Hider)! Now that scares me!
What comes up when you google your name?
10 comments:
Yeah, that whole privacy thing bugs! I still haven't decided if it's worth the headache! Just wait until some crazy person steals my identity. If that happens maybe I will just take yours. I've always like the name Denae! hmmmmmmmm!
p.s. did you know that I am a dog breeder? Me neither, but that's what "the google" tells me! :)
Not much shows up for me thank goodness. Thats why I now have a private blog and only invite people. It didn't even pull up on google when I googled my name! Its the only way to go. I had pics of my house on my blog and everything so I was paranoid. Working at a bank makes me even more so.
Thankfully, not a lot. Well, at least on the first few pages. I'm lucky that I have a last name that shows up a lot on non-me related pages.
i feel safe here in blogspot... kasey and i felt that it wouldn't be good to have pictures on myspace so we never did it.
molly henderson: county commissioner in lancaster, pa. and,
molly moffat: honolulu starbulletin articles of my high school awards from swimming and water polo.
in this case, i'll take my maiden name:)
There is another Heather Lant--So not much comes up for the actual ME. It is scary, But we don't have alot of money or anything fun in our house. So I am not all that worried.
I show up a lot when I google because of all the family history work I do. Plus, I used to transcribe old newspapers onto websites for family history.
Stuff I found out today that has never been there before - apparently I am a very successful real estate broker in Washington state and I am a very depressed and twisted 17 year old who plays bass in a weird band that may be called dead snakes or something like that. Who knew??? I hope that is really their names and they haven't stolen mine. I've never found anyone else with my name before today. (I google myself and my family all the time). Charlotte - if that is really my name ??????
1st is my linkedin.com info and then I'm mentioned on elephants.com as a donor in 2006 (can't believe I forgot to feed Bunny for a day last year!)
Denae!!! I just found your blog. This post makes me laugh so I tried it...good thing stephanie johnson has a line of handbags and is a character on days of our lives...it took 3 pages to find my blog! :) I will see you in a few weeks at the baby blessing??? YEAH!
http://ourjohnsonjourney.blogspot.com/
i hadn't done this in a while. it links to my facebook page and shows a few of my friends! and it links to everyone's blogs that has my name listed as a friend. wow. and apparently betsy moffat is a teacher in california.
I'm pretty boring I guess. All that comes up for me is times I've had my name in the paper (thankfully just for good stuff, not the police blotter). And then times I've posted on blogs. Now that I have Clark as my last name its a lot harder to find me since its such a common name. Or maybe I'm just not googling right, since all I get is boring stuff.... hehe. :) Alicia oh, ps, cute picture of you guys, and I like the moon picture too.
Post a Comment