MyAirstream will be biggerFor Christmas this year Ben & I thought we would make our culdesac oh so pretty and festive. So in light of Ben’s obsession with recycling & being green we saved our milk jugs all year & cut little holes in them to put tea candles in & line the street. It really was very pretty & joyful but a LOT of work. On Christmas Eve we noticed that 2 jugs were missing. Just gone. Automatically assuming the best, we spent the night cracking jokes about how some mean spirited teenagers wanted to crush our Christmas spirit by stealing 2 jugs. As we went to light the candles the next night we found that no the jugs weren’t stolen, but we had almost put our neighborhood up in flames for Christmas! There were large charred marks on the cement & big scorched patches of grass around piles of melted plastic running down the street!!! What the!?? Who knew milk jugs could burn so well!? We’re hoping no one saw the incident & they all just assumed it was the bad teenagers because I’m pretty sure we would have gone down on the list of cool neighbors.
p.s. Due to a lack of camera, we don’t have any pictures of the incident so you’ll have to use your imagination. Sorry.
p.s.s. We got a new camera though!
p.s.s.s. The car door was apparently just frozen shut. It’s fine now for the most part... except this morning when it was frozen open on the way to work.
p.s.s.s.s. I want to live in an Airstream RV on the beach. Anyone want to fund it?
p.s.s.s. The car door was apparently just frozen shut. It’s fine now for the most part... except this morning when it was frozen open on the way to work.
p.s.s.s.s. I want to live in an Airstream RV on the beach. Anyone want to fund it?
What is the worst thing you've ever had a neighbor do?
12 comments:
Um, I think the winner for me would be that my grandpa was trying to shoot a cat, in the evening, with a shotgun, between our house and his, and he sprayed the entire side of our house with shot gun "pellets" or whatever they're called, and made holes all over in the wall. Yeah, not cool. :) I like the question idea. :) Alicia
my neighbor backed in to kris's car and killed the side door. they offered to pay for it and then never did - said it wasn't their fault.
I can think of a few. Never anything big and horrible... just annoying! Our current neighbor above us in our apartment complex got a treadmill for Christmas. And the couple takes turns RUNNING on it every morning, right about the time Evie goes down for her first nap. Ohhhhh, that's annoying alright! I can't think of anything like you're talking about-- I just felt like venting about that one right now.
My husbands parent nieghbors - stole one of thier cats - it came back one day with part of it's ear missing and it had been neutered - that cat has never been the same - it is actually quite a scary cat now! What the heck who does that!?
well, you guys just had to leave me and in moved the loudest neighbors ever who didn't appreciate me blasting Beyonce. The came down and yelled at me one night (and that night it was Johnny Cash blasting!) I was just repaying them for dropping bowling balls and skateboarding all day. They were just mean. The boy once got nasty with me when their cat ran into my apartment and I didn't pick him up. He was all "is the cat in there?" I said "yes" and he said "umm, well pick him up and put him back out here" all snotty. Right b/c who doesn't like picking up random cats that could possibly claw you. Litterbox stealing Anela is another story.
Hey! I'm willing to provide the beach for your airstream, I hope you don't want a tropical beach, cause this one is frozen, but the scenery is good! haha Brian
I can totally see you two in a camper by the beach! You were definitely made for each other. K funny neighbor stories--so our neighbor across the street is this nice single girl, just barely divorced(she's from Wyoming). Anyhoo, one day this car is parked outside of her house and we saw some guy get out of it. One night when I was talking to the girl across the street she said her brother was living with her for a few weeks. Well, this car would be parked outside her house every so often blah blah blah. Well pretty soon the car was not only there during the day, but at night and in the morning we would see this guy leave for work. So obviously there is some hanky panky going on! This is NOT her brother thats been living with her. The funny thing about it all is that her parents and family sometimes come and visit and during the time they are here, the "boyfriend's" car is nowhere to be found! But, once they leave(they have a white truck) he is back pronto. I guess even when you are old enough to be on your own, you don't want your parents finding out you have a boyfriend who sleeps over. End of story, thats it. Hey what can I say, I'm entertained by it.
currently we have TWO neighbors that let there dogs out to do there business in the front grass area (shared b/c we have a condo). no one picks up there CRAP and oshyn has come in with it on his back, his shoes, his bike...need i say more? we don't get to play in the front anymore. and how many times can you ask people nicely to pick up their dogs SH%^&%*$* ? we are trying cayenne pepper out though...he he--dogs have sensitive smellers!! So what do tyler and april do to you?
back in the day i was watching my neighbors dogs while they were out of town. my best friend and i took the dogs out and i happened to spy a huge pot plant growing in their back yard!!!! so funny. so i took a few leaves and told our pot head teenage neighbors went and stole it all!!!!
ha ha
i like the ? idea too. way yo get some good comments.
um well my complaint is about our mailman, summer or winter, whenever, he likes to tromp through our neighborhood where ever he pleases, he goes through the flower beds, bushes... he messes up my new snow!
postal workers...
what a great idea to ask questions at the end of your posts! I once had a neighbor who murdered his wife...no, I'm not kidding. My college roommate and I had the genius idea to live in a bad part of town during school to save money. Well, one day we came home and there were cops and news crews everywhere and they were arresting our neighbor for murdering his wife and leaving her body in the trunk of his car (which was parked right in front of my apartment). Needless to say, we packed up and moved out that night. Lesson learned...cheap rent isn't always worth it.
Our neighbors across the street, a young married couple have recently separated or divorced. The woman only lives at the house, and now there's a man's vehicle at her house all the time. It was strange one day because the man's vehicle was parked in the driveway and then her ex-husband pulled up in the driveway. We are always so curious to know what's going on with them. We didn't get the chance to really get to know the young married couple.
Post a Comment