Saturday, January 19, 2008

We're Blogging

I swore all over we would never have a blog. This is for several reasons…
First if you are a friend of ours that has a blog, please don’t be offended because we love you all and read your blogs often. So that said, I think blogging is ruining friendships. Phone calls and emails to old friends have now been replaced by “check my blog”... “When are you moving?” “check my blog” “Have you had the baby yet?” “check my blog” “When are you coming to visit?” “check my blog.” While I completely understand and agree with the blogs capability to update friends on your life when you can’t make phone calls to everyone, I think it’s a bit out of control. There still has to be some acknowledgement of a friendship in order for it to continue. Right?
So number 2. It seemed a bit self centered to assume that everyone in the world is interested in what I have to say and wants to spend part of their day reading what’s going on in my mind. Enough said.
3rd we “don’t have time”. Well, working less has fixed that.
And finally, I just wanted to make a statement that since everyone else was doing it we would take a stand and not. Stupid because apparently everyone else had a good idea and now my foot is in my mouth.
All of that said, we are hypocrites and starting a blog. It really is a good idea and much better than mass emailing pictures and updates. And since we’ve been jotting down thoughts on my computer anyway, might as well let the whole world see them. Really though, this way if people WANT to read about our life they can. So it’s not selfish either. But let it be known I will continue to be a good friend and maintain personal contact when needed.

4 comments:

betsy said...

wow denae, you really are such a giver. thank you for finally breaking down and deciding to share your thoughts and lives with us. love you.

Molly Malia said...

hey, nice to see you're blogging... i think that this is the first time that i have seen little taj... love you

ashley said...

you can take your foot out of your mouth...it's ok. i am really happy that you are now a blogger though.
love you. (i just wrote it cause it seems to be the way all the cool kids leave their comments around this here blog)(but i really do too)

Chelsey said...

I agree with all of your reasons for not blogging, plus I have a few blog annoyances of my own. I've been trying to decide whether to keep mine or not. But, in the mean time, I'll add you to my friends list and check here now and then so I can see cutie pictures of Taj! :)