Monday, January 28, 2008

Far from Digital



Truth be told, most of the pictures that are posted on our blog are older ones or have been taken with my mom’s camera. We don’t have a digital camera. It’s actually a pretty humorous story.
A couple of months ago I woke up with a queasy stomach, but being the super employee that I am, I decided to go to work anyway. On the highway a few minutes from my office I thought to myself, “This is going to happen. I’m really going to throw up.” What do you do in that moment? As I’ve relayed this story to people I’ve discovered that most of us have thought of this situation before, I had too but I never came up with a logical solution. And in a moment like that, logic is not thriving. So I scanned the car, grabbed my purse and emptied it. My husband can’t understand though why I wouldn’t just cross 3 lanes of traffic and relieve myself on the side of the highway at 7:45 in the morning… hmmm. Although it didn’t make the best vessel, it worked okay.
As I slept the rest of the day it seemed I had won. That night though as I went to wash my purse I had a sad discovery. Apparently as I’d emptied my planner, chapstick, change & cellphone out of the purse I overlooked our new digital camera. It was not a usual inhabitant of the purse, so it was not expected. Needless to say, we are now without a camera, my husband loves me a bit less and my blog pictures are a few months old.
p.s. I will not be eating chili at a church cook off again.

8 comments:

Molly Malia said...

yummy... i never would have thought about using my bag... i think that i would have just rolled down the window and spewed all over the car and blamed it on the neighbor kid...

Lindsay Bowen said...

Cute! Yeah...We love you guys and YOU know it!!!!!!

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Glad to see you guys are blogging!! We miss seeing you. Taj is sooo cute! I love the engineer cap! The long winter is still going on up here in Alaska. Love Brian Carper

ashley said...

damn those church chili cook offs.

Lauren F. said...

That is hilarious Denae! I mean, probably not so much at the time, or even now when you need that digital camera, but still hilarious!

betsy said...

you are so disgusting

Aim said...

And I agree with Ben! Why did you not pullover, crazy? I'm sorry you are sick when I was pregnant I always had a plastic bag in the car, its probably still there actually...I'm so sad about your camera!

JanaeGalindo said...

That's why we love you Denae! Because I'm sure none of us read that and thought, "that doesn't sound like the Denae I know." Not that I'm saying you always smell like throw up, but that you just seem to have a plethura of really funny, really disgusting stories like that. Keep 'em coming.